Chapter 2 - Sickness

*third person pov*
After a couple of days, the trio became good friends and Yuki started to grow fond of the boys. The boys even started to invite her to go cheer them on at their volleyball games. When she did, Calris was always seemed to be in a better mood without himself even knowing.

*Calris's Pov*
"Hey Calris! Garrett! Can you guys take these to the supply closet?" The coach asked. We accepted and were handed some nets and poles. As we left the gym, we saw someone at the tennis courts. Curious, we walked over and saw Yuki practicing. She was pale and was sweaty.

Garrett and I were concerned, but before I could ask anything she fell backwards. I reacted without even knowing what I was doing. Dropping the poles, I ran to her and caught her just in time. We looked at her worriedly, then I realized that she was gripping onto my shirt. She then wobbled up and brushed it all off.

"Yuki are you okay? Are you sick?" Garrett asked her.

I put my hand on her and told her to sit down. She sat down and sighed.

"I have a sickness. A sickness that limits my physical ability. It's a real pain sometimes because it keeps me from doing what I love..." She said. We looked at her with a disbelief in our eyes. It had felt as if an arrow was shot through my heart and I didn't know why I felt this way. I mean it's just being caring right? Nothing more?

"Hey maybe you should go home and rest. Calris can walk you home if you'd like." He said.

"I thought you guys have practice?" She asks her voice shaky.

"Yeah we do-" I cut Garrett off.

"It's fine I'll walk her home." I said.

"I'll get your bag Calris." Garrett said.

"No it's fine I'll-" I stopped short because he was already gone. I was left with her. There was a silence between the two of us.

"So... how long have you had the sickn- the uh um...it?" I asked. A small smile appeared on her face.

"It's okay to call it a sickness Calris.."

"Oh well I just didn't want to be rude about it.."

"It's alright. I've had 'it' since forever."

"Really? Then how do you play tennis?"

"I just tell my mom that I won't push myself."

"Oh...well it'll get better I'm sure." I said sitting next to her. She turned her head to me and I did the same.

"What do you see in me? Aren't I weird? I have a sickness that affects me." She questioned.

I smiled.

"Well for one I've never seen anyone who just has one random streak of white in their hair."
She giggled and I continued.

"You're not like other girls. You know, like how they care about how they look twenty four seven. You're just more carefree and cooler. Plus your awfully short as well." I smirked.

"Oh hush it's not my fault your really tall."

It got quiet. We just stared at each other. Then we both went red and looked away.

"I'm back! Here's your bag Calris. I'll see you guys tomorrow then." Garrett said handing me my bag.

"Thanks and yeah I'll see you tomorrow." I replied.

"Bye Garrett, see you tomorrow." She said and Garrett ran off back to practice.

"Well how about we get you home." I said helping her up.

"Can you walk?" I asked her. She tried and looked a little wobbly.

"I'll help." I said wrapping my arm around her waist. It felt a little uncomfortable at first but it was okay.

~

When we arrived at her house I said goodbye and she entered her house. I turned around and headed home. What a crazy night...

~

The next day Yuki didn't show up for class.

Garrett and I were worried about her not being here. I ended up spending the whole day thinking about her.

~

*third person pov*
Unsure of his feelings for Yuki still, the next day she shows up, Calris teases her, but not like usual. There was this cuteness to it. When he started to talk with her instead of teasing her as often, she soon became unaware of her changing feelings for him.

~

*Calris's pov*
As we walked down to our classroom, Garrett talked about the team needing a manager for when the third years leave. Yuki says that she could fill in. I looked over in shock and I ask about any clubs she was in. She says that she isn't in a club so she can be a manager for the team if they'd like. It felt like wave of happiness hit me and I couldn't help but bite my lip to hold my smile back. Garrett smiled and told her to meet at the gymnasium after school so they could talk with the coach and administrator...