8 - Perfect Mr. Possessive Pants

Jumping straight in to it! I made it extra long! Not edited! Enjoy!

River's POV

I had just heard something tap on my bedroom balcony window when I was getting dressed in my underwear for bed. I quickly pulled on one of my over-sized t-shirts that came to about mid-thigh on me and peeked through my curtains to see if I could see anything out in the darkness of the night. As soon as I put my face up to the window, something else hit it at the same time and then I heard a voice.

"Psssst! River! Open your window so I can talk to you! Please!" Scout said in a half-whisper half-yell. How did he know where I lived? Oh yeah, he's a werewolf so he smelled his way here. Come to think of it, I haven't felt the pull of the rubber band mate thingy in a while now. I wonder how long he's really been outside my window? I know I shouldn't like him because he's possessive just like Brody but it won't hurt to listen to what he has to say. I prepared myself for what might happen and stepped out on the balcony.

"Listen, before you say anything I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for anything that I said or did to you back there. I seriously, in all honesty, didn't mean to hurt you or freak you out or do anything to drive you away. I didn't really know what I did at the time to make you all of a sudden run away, but as I sat there in the same spot for what felt like hours trying to pinpoint what I did wrong, it hit me. I am so sorry for coming off possessive like I did. I wasn't thinking clearly because if I was I would have known that that was something that douche bag would have said. When I said 'you are mine' I was trying to explain to you how excited and thrilled I was that I," He gestured to himself with his hands.

"Out of all the people in the world, was picked to be your," He then pointed straight at me with his finger. "the most amazing woman in the world's, mate. I still don't understand how I got that lucky." He rubbed the back of his neck again...something I noticed he does when he gets nervous. "Please if there is any more forgiveness left in your heart, will you please give it to me. If not, I understand. I'll leave you alone. It will be the hardest thing that I will ever have to do but I would do it for you."

I didn't know what to say. Hearing him say all of this was like Heaven to my ears. With what he just said, he had pushed all my fears and worries about what happened earlier completely away. He was the sweetest man alive and he could be mine if I would let him. Listen to me, I just called him mine. The same reason I got so upset earlier. I'm such an idiot.

"First of all, I'm sorry I got so upset. I realize now that you didn't mean it like Brody did. I guess my wounds from my past relationship are not completely healed yet and that may take some time to happen. So if you're willing to be patient while I figure all of this out, I would be happy to forgive you...Second of all, is there any possible way you could climb your way up here?"

I pointed to the tree next to my balcony. It was a good 7 feet away but I wanted to feel the electric sparks his touch brought me. I needed to be close to him right now. He was already making his way up the tree.

"And third of all, Did you have to toss rocks at my window? That's so cliche'." I said as picked up one of the "rocks" he had tossed that landed on my balcony. He then climbed over the banister. "That was impressive." He made it look like it was the easiest thing to do.

"First of all, they're not rocks. I would never throw rocks at your window. They were Hershey's Kisses. The candy. Second of all, That climb was so easy. I might just make a habit out of it." He said with a wink that made my cheeks flame with heat. "Third of all, I will be as patient as you need me to be. Even if my hair turns gray by the time you finally get it figured out. I'm here for good, River, and I won't disappoint you ever again. I promise. No more running away for you either. I almost had a heart attack when that happened." He said as he took my hand.