2 - Welcome To Lake Jordan

Sorry last update was so short! I wanted to get all the boring background info out separately so we could continue with the story. I hope you liked it and I promise this chapter will be longer! Let me know if you liked it...or not! Either way, I like feedback!

River's POV

So I've been at Lake Jordan (I finally figured out the name of the town I live in, pathetic right) for about a month and a half now. I still haven't been anywhere besides my backyard and the trail that leads to the lake's state park, about 3 miles from my house. Call me crazy but I'm trying to hold off on going into town until I absolutely have to, A.K.A. going to school tomorrow. Staying around the house hasn't been all that bad. We live out in the middle of the woods with the next house being about 4 miles away. It's very peaceful. A big difference from the oceanfront neighborhood in Wilmington. I love being outside. In fact, I like being outside more than I like being inside. I love running the trail that leads around the lake's edge every morning and sometimes in the evening too. I have an old oak tree I always sit against near where the water laps at the sandy shore on the trail. It's very refreshing to me to be out there by myself, not to mention the lake is beautiful.

I've always been fit and in shape. Back when I was desperately trying to get away from Brody, I even gained some weight to hopefully make him not attracted to me anymore. I couldn't gain much no matter how hard I tried. I weighed around 114  and was 5 foot 6 1/2 inches before. Now I'm the same height but I weigh around 138. My mom tells me I look better now with the extra weight on than I did then when I looked like a stick. I didn't get fat like I wanted to. I mostly gained boobs and butt to my dismay. I actually went up two cup sizes in my bra. I think I gained the opposite results of what I was going for because Brody came at me twice as hard after that. Reluctantly I decided to keep on the extra pounds so now I just run for the fun of it and to keep up my new shape. Which brings me to a new subject entirely, school...

I want to make a good impression tomorrow. It's not only my first day in a new place, it's my first day at college, period. Exciting, I know right. Mom's going crazy trying to get me to go buy a new outfit or get my hair and nails done. First of all, I have PLENTY of clothes to choose from that nobody around here has ever seen me wear. Second of all, I love my hair, so I would never get it "done". I was born with deep auburn hair. It almost glows like fire out in the sunlight especially since it curls in tight ringlets to my waistline. I never have to do anything to it. I just hop out of the shower and it does itself. And for my nails, I don't need to get my nails done because I do them myself. I usually paint them this really bright forest green color that matches my natural eye color. I don't wear much makeup either. When I do It's usually just some mascara and maybe a little eyeliner and lip gloss. Mom tells me I don't need it and I'm definitely not looking for a boyfriend right now so I don't really care what I look like. I do need to start wearing sunblock when I go running during the day though because mom says I have Cherokee Indian in my blood so I tan very easily. Don't get me wrong, I like being tan to an extent, but there is a line and I believe I have reached it in the bronzing department. So now comes the time where I pick out an outfit and try to get some sleep for my first day of college in the morning. I wonder if I'll make any new friends?

Scout's POV

I was doing my normal patrol in wolf form Sunday evening when I caught a really faint unfamiliar scent near our pack grounds. 'Hey make your way over to the state park side of the lake. I think there may be trouble.' I instantly alerted Nash through the mind link who was also on the same patrol route as me.

'I'll be right there.' He said back. 

When he made it over to where I was waiting, we took off in the direction the scent was leading us. The scent kept to the trail which was weird because any wolf that was purposely trespassing would definitely be in the cover of the tall pine trees and under brush of the woods, not out in the open on the trail near the state park.