When Bullets Fly

**Disclaimer** Contains more cursing than normal! The chorus of the song is perfect, but contains expletives as well.

The anger radiating from the speaker’s familiar brown eyes directed towards her frightened Mira. Collin’s hands landed on both his pistols and he pulled them free from the holster. How fitting of an end to this tragic tale. The she-wolf stupid enough to fall in love with a Hunter ends up with his bullet in her heart.

She stared straight into his eyes and turned her body to face his. After all, she wasn’t one to hide from trouble. She would face her death head on with whatever pride she had left. The one place she let her pain show was her eyes. She hoped her pain would help him realize how foolish he was for throwing her away like this.

Collin raised both guns towards her heart. Sadness entered his eyes for a fleeting second before his eyes hardened. His guns swung outward and he released bullets in quick succession. All the other Hunters stood stock still before swinging their guns towards him. Mira grabbed Jonathan and quickly snapped his neck before dropping to the ground.

As she hit the ground, a bullet struck her shoulder. No! She wouldn’t die. After fighting to live for so long, she refused to roll over and let them kill her. With a feral snarl, she grabbed the barrel of the gun that had shot her and yanked it towards her. The Hunter’s eyes widened right before she grabbed the utility knife in his belt and slashed open his throat. A gun cocked behind her and she swung the gun still clutched her hand around into the perpetrator’s face. She sidestepped in the nick of time to avoid another bullet wound as the impact made his finger pull the trigger.

After breaking his neck, the reality of everything happening sunk in, and Mira collapsed to the ground. Her eyes sought out Collin in confusion. What the hell was going on? The bodies of the six Hunters he’d already downed lay scattered on the forest floor.

His guns lay discarded on the ground and now firmly gripped his swords in both hands. With a quick slash, he decapitated the closest Hunter before fluidly moving to the next while managing to avoid bullets. His muscles flexed under his shirt as he sheathed one of the swords and grabbed one of his daggers before throwing it and hitting a Hunter square between the eyes. Her jaw hung open—the blood pouring from the bullet wound in her shoulder and the Hunters behind her completely forgotten.

~~~@~~~

Channeling all his anger and hurt—yes, hurt—into movements, Collin sliced through another Hunter. Mira had killed three, which meant twelve of the sixteen were down. Without the group mentality of superior numbers, he’d have a bit more difficulty picking off the remaining four. Although, he still had his new and improved senses and reflexes on his side.

One of them raised a gun towards the back of Mira’s head and Collin quickly threw another of his daggers. Knowing he’d hit his mark, he risked a glance at his little she-wolf. Her wide eyed stare was adorable but at the same time insulting. Did she really have so little faith in him? The growing red on her light blue shirt immediately killed any anger he felt towards her. She needed to put pressure on it!

“Mira!” Collin tried to break through her daze, but she continued to stare at him gape mouthed. “Mira!”

The remaining three Hunters turned their guns towards her. As if he’d just let them shoot her again. Like hell he would! He threw another dagger while spinning down, at the same time as sheathing his remaining sword and grabbing both his guns. In that split second, one of the Hunters managed to get off a shot. Mira thankfully had enough consciousness to lean back, effectively dodging it.  

Squeezing the trigger on both his guns, Collin shot both of the remaining Hunters in their gun-hand. After both screamed expletives, Collin shot the one Hunter in the knee. The other Hunter, Bruce, had some questions to answer.