Chapter six - From void to whole

There is a different corner of the world called shame. Where humans are pushed into a corner of themselves. With a crowd behind their back. A backup plan to hide the truth about who they really are. Conforming to whom they think they should be. Driven by a fear of not being worthy of love and belonging. More dead than alive. A place referred to as the swamp lands of the soul by qualitative researcher Brené Brown. After having spent a decade studying vulnerability and shame, she came to the following conclusion:

"If you can measure it is probably not that important."

A swamp is a low-lying area that is not used for crops, where water collects. Here, under water in the absence of oxygen microorganisms break down biodegradable material. This process progress very slowly, almost to a complete halt. A place where well-preserved mummies are naturally found. Under the influence of shame we may feel like zombies, but;

"God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature."

Genesis 2:7

Becoming more than our primitive relatives with only instincts in evolution. Here, reflecting upon our own existence. From fishes to amphibians, humans ended up as naked ancestors of monkeys with fur. Now wearing animal skins to keep us warm.

"And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them."

Genesis 3:21

Turning everything on its head, and inside out. After all, they started out like this:

"And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed."

Genesis 2:25

No matter what side you are on it becomes quite plausible that; Shame and fear is inherited from our animal relatives in evolution.

"And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?" And he said, "I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself." He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?""

From the book of Genesis

As it turns out, naked does not necessarily mean the absence of clothes;

"And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

Hebrews 4:13

Animal skins are now conceivable as several folded. The well-known sacrificing of animals to please God put into a whole new context. «I do not share your vision», some might say. My friend, did you know that we live in a colorless world? That the grass is not actually green. That our eyes whatever color they appear to be, are also without color. Here is how it works. Light brings all the colors of the rainbow. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Every other color is a mixture of these. Grass and everything green and growing absorbs all the colors of the rainbow, apart from green. Using all those other wavelengths in a process called photosynthesis, giving us oxygen. Green since it is not being used gets emitted. In the end, black is not regarded a color as it absorbs all the colors of the light. White is not a color either because it reflects all of the colors of the light. So, it is not all black and white my dear. Your eyes, whatever color they appear to be; simply take in all those wavelengths from the sun, emitting the eye color you my precious see in your mirror.