Chapter three - Evolution and creation of the universe

Faced with an ocean of questions, you and I are about to explore evolution and creation of the universe. Before the two of us dive in, it will be of great value to get an image of its current state. The universe our home has a foundation comparable to a great big blanket made of stretchy fabric (in all 3D directions). A fabric made of space and time. This blanket is held up adequately tight in all of its «corners», keeping everything in place.

"I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth."

Revelation 7:1

Let us imagine our solar system on such a stretchy fabric. We see that our sun is the biggest «ball», and that it has 99.8 percent of the mass of our entire solar system. It falls straight to the middle of the fabric, and creates a deep downwards curve. All of the other planets will naturally fall towards it, but since they themselves also create such a downward curvature in the fabric, they do not fall all the way in. This constant falling keeps them in orbit and causes the rotation called day and night.

To get the bigger picture, let us summarize. From the singularity everything fell into darkness, and keeps on falling kept together by the fabric of space and time. The story of Adam and Eve is called the fall into sin. It is kind of sobering to think that the fall of an apple observed (or imagined) by Newton caused him to figure out the law of gravity. Great discoveries such as these are the result of seeing something that was already there, but in a different way. Keeping this in mind we read the following:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Genesis 2:17

Suddenly it becomes possible to see that space and time is a back up plan. God trying to catch us from the fall. Throwing his "net" into the sea to catch us, fishes.

"Just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, "Children, do you have any fish?" They answered him, "No." He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.""

John 21:4-6

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

John 3:16

This is nonsense any atheist will say. Your faith is not rational or objective. It is based on your fear of dying. Fear of the darkness of nothing where the self disappears. Simply wishful thinking of an eternal life because you cannot bear the thought of other alternative. Was it not, the snake who presented the lie that we would not die? Christians do not buy that lie. Rather, trust our saviour to revert death.

"Jesus said to him, «I am the way, and the truth, and the life»"

John 14:6

The atheist on his or her side trust in science. Which is defined as an intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. There is only one big problem, science is this unintended by-product of a fundamentally non-rational process called evolution. Even from nothing, towards simple, towards complex into more and complexity science is at war with itself. Evolution at its core is random, purposeless and unguided, the exact opposite of science. Randomness is not methodical, nor intellectual. Nothing is after all blind and without the ability to direct.