V

"WE NEED TO figure out what to do with the slaves. They can't go back to Ryloth. They need a haven." Lieutenant Allistar told Jordan.

"I know. But we should ask them what they'd like to do. They have the freedom of choice now, let's allow them to choose their path." Jordan replied as Allistar nodded in agreement.

"I'll talk to them. Make sure that homing beacon is disabled and destroyed so Jase and Astra can't track us." Jordan said, making his way out if the cockpit and down the corridor to the main area of the ship. The slaves were sitting and standing around, talking and laughing – they all looked extremely happy, happy to be free. Silas was sat amongst them, talking with some of the younger ones, laughing with them.

Silas looked up as Jordan entered the room and started clapping. The Twi'lek's looked and when they saw Jordan, their faces broke out in big grins and started clapping loudly, cheering and whooping. Jordan didn't know what to do, except stand there, slightly embarrassed.

"There's the man of the hour." Silas cheered with a smile.

"Please, I didn't do that much."

"But you did! You saved us all from being captured and taken back to that dreadful place. You saved our lives and risked yours to make sure we all got to safety." A Twi'lek said, in awe.

Jordan smiled. "It wasn't just me." He looked at Silas.

"Anyway, what's up, Jordan?" Silas asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you all and ask what you would like to do now. We can drop you off at a safe place if you want. It's up to all of you." Jordan addressed them.

They all looked at each other before the Twi'lek from before spoke up. "We'd like to join the Resistance. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here right now and free."

Jordan took in a breath and looked at them all, their faces serious and nodding. "Wow. I—" Jordan shook his head. "—I don't know what to say."

The Twi'lek all pumped their fists in the air and let out a battle cry, cementing their support of the Resistance. Jordan smiled.

"Well then, I guess we'll make our way home, to D'Qar." Jordan said.

They all cheered, and Jordan exited the room, he lifted his wrist to his mouth and commed Lieutenant Allistar to set course for D'Qar. He felt the ship prime for Lightspeed before shooting off. Jordan made his way into one of the ship's sleeping quarters that once belonged to Jase. Jordan closed the door and he finally had some time to himself.

The last few hours had drained him. He'd successfully staged a small coup within the group of mercenaries, used his lightsaber and the Force after so long, freed the slaves and saved his friends and stolen a ship. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh as he sat on the bed. And now he was going home. It was a lot sooner than he thought, hell it hadn't even been 4 days.

The door to the room opened and there stood Silas.

"You alright?" He asked as he stepped into the room and closed the door behind him.

"Yeah, it's just been one hell of a night." Jordan said with a tight smile. Silas looked at him, unconvinced.

"It has, but I can see something else is bothering you." Silas said as he sat down on the bed next to Jordan.

Jordan let out a breath. "It's just that I left the Resistance to discover who I really am. I was born and raised there, and I just wanted some time to figure some stuff out with myself away from everything. It's only been a few days since I left. I don't know if I'm ready to go back yet."