Chapter 20- Secret Meeting

Lydia's POV:

"Alright, well come on then," says Stiles.

God, the pain! How could anyone go through that! Scott must be really tough... Stiles leans down and carries me bridal styles down the hallway. I look at everyone else. They tell us they're going to go home theirselves. I look back and Stiles, and his face is worried, but strong. God, his arms are as hard as stone, but as soft as pillows. They're so chiseled..... Then the pain hits again.

"I know you say you're okay, but I know you're not. I can see the pain I your eyes." Crap. What can I say to that? No I really am fine? I decide on silence.

We approach the car, and he opens the door. He lays me down on the seat that he has reclined, so softly as if I were made of porcelain. He hovers, as if he doesn't want to leave me. Then he leans forward and kisses my forehead. It's such a simple gesture, but it makes me forget the pain. No, wait. If can't feel it at all anymore. It's gone completely.

He walks around the Jeep, and gets in the driver's seat. He starts the car, then looks over at me again.

"Lydia, what is it?"

"What?"

"You look like you're floating or something," he says with a smile.

"The pain. It's gone. It stopped when you kissed my forehead."

"Huh. Is there any way you can explain any of this to me?"

"I don't... I just don't think I can. It's too much to soak in right now."

We drive the rest of the way quietly, with little discussion. Mostly I'm just reflecting about what happened in the last couple of days. This is all so crazy, I laugh to myself a little bit.

He pulls up to my house, and jumps out to open my door.

"My lady," he says while bowing to take my hand.

I take it, and he lifts me up and out of the car. I do a little curtsy.

"Thank you, for driving me home."

"Anytime."

I lean up and kiss his cheek, then turn to walk to my house.

----------------------------------

I take a shower and change my clothes, so at least I'm clean. I sit on my bed and flop into the pillows. The voices taunt me, coming and going. Maybe I can control them? No, wait. I can only do that with Stiles. So that's why they keep talking right now.

I lay there playing on my phone when I hear a pang on my window.

Pang. Pang. Pang.

I get up and walk to the mysterious window noises. I look through it, to see nothing there. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Pang.

I whip back around and open my window. I lean out over the sill and the little slab of roof, and see a familiar face standing at the bottom. I reach up to cover my face and laugh.

"Is there any way you could let me up there?" He smiles.

"Just use the tree," I say and gesture to the tree that leads up to my window.

He starts to climb the tree, out of my sight, so I sneak back into my room. I check my hair in the mirror, and slide on my robe. I have on a tank top and booty shorts, and I don't want to look like I'm trying to get anything from him.

I go back over to the window, and he's at the roof, but struggling to shift from the tree to the roof. I laugh at him, and he laughs with me. He finally gets his feet on the roof, and climbs onto it. He walks to my window, and slides in cooly.

"Is this breaking our relationship rules?"

"Yes, but I don't care about this rule anymore. What are you here for anyway?"

I sit on my bed, my legs criss crossed with my body in the middle of the bed.

"I was hoping I could talk to you about what's going on. If you don't want to that's fine, but-"

"No, no. It's fine. I need to get some of this off of my chest anyway," I say cutting him off.

I open, then close my mouth. Where do I start?

"If you're wondering what to say, just start with whatever you did with Scott." He sits on the end of the bed, a foot or so away.

"Okay, but you need to promise not to tell anyone. The last thing I want is for either of us to get hurt." He nods. "Well, I explained what I did to him there. Do you remember what I said?"

"Something like you can take out a possessor, but that doesn't explain why you were having extreme pain."

"I guess I should tell you how it works then. Well, if I touch someone when I am in direct contact of spirits, I can either control them or take away their possessor. But I take all the pain. So I can basically heal anything, if I'm with the one that I need."

"What do you mean?"

"To actually get in contact with the spirits, which is the base of this all, I need to be around a specific one person. A person who has been possessed- almost near death."

Stiles looks surprised.

"Me?" He asks, and points his finger at his chest.

I nod and look him in the eyes. "And I guess you can take my pain, and kind of vanish it."

"I guess we are in this together then." He smiles at me.

"Yeah, I just..."

"What?"

"I just don't want you to get hurt because of me. It's hard enough that Scott and Malia had to go through what they did," I say and look at my hands. "I can't let you be hurt by what I am. I'll just have to find a way to control the voices myself." I turn my head away from him.

He takes my hands in his, and makes me look at him.

"Lydia, I don't care what you are. I don't care that being with you could kill me. I love you. I love you more than anyone, since the goddamn 3rd grade! I honestly don't care about what you are, or how only I can help you. I just don't care! I'm in love with you, and if that's not enough to keep us together, I don't know what is."

His eyes look tense, as if something he said might have hurt me, but as if he's standing his ground. Then they change to something softer. He takes his hand and cups it around my face. He leans forward, and plants the softest kiss on my lips. It lasts, and when he pulls away, I look him straight in the eyes.

"Stiles, you're the first person to ever treat me that way. Stiles.... I love you. And I don't care what the chances are of us being together."

He smiles, and kisses me passionately. I don't know where the tears come from, but they do. He lays me down on the bed, and he's on top of me. He wipes away my tears, and kisses both my eyelids. He takes off my robe and throws it across the floor, but nothing else on me was taken off. Except for his shirt, of course. I push the bottom up, and he takes the rest of it off.

Innocent, tiny little Stiles that I once knew is gone. He has beautifully sculpted abs, and his arms are so strong, he could probably crush me. He laughs at me while I look at him, and then he kisses me again. He only kisses me, so I mentally thank him for that. I don't want to have sex with anyone anymore, and I'm happy he understands.

We kiss for a while, then he lays down next to me and I snuggle into him. I know now that we can get through this together if we have each other.