Chapter 39

I felt like I was warping through time. The darkness spun around me as my body flung through the teleporting doorway. The blackness slowly turned grey and then to white again and then my body stopped falling. With a thud thud I fell head first onto a bed of golden flowers.

Everything was hazy, I could make up the colors yellow, purple, green, blue, and maybe orange. I blink a few times and saw up. Once my head stopped spinning, I was sitting right beside a crying Frisk, sitting in the exact spot the my brother died. I jerked my hand and backed as far away from Frisk was I could.

"GAH! W-why... d-demons... past!" I just kept studderning words.

Frisk immediately stopped crying and jummped up in surprise, "Chara... CHARA!? You were gone for long! I thought you abandoned me after the elevator accident!" Then their face furrowed and turned red in anger, they yelled at me, "How could you?! I was so scared, I called out for you for a hald an hour straight!! I was walkng around in Alphys's lab that I have a sneaking suspicion that it was orginially hers and there were melty expirmented on monsters and I have to turn the power back on only to be saved by Alphys!"

I laughed a little, it was good to be back. "Frisk! FRISK, calm down I mean... look at you, your fine! I teleported to a weird void that I've never been to before and... talked with an old friend... I would have stayed with you if I could, I didn't make te choice to leave you, I swear!" Frisk took a big breath in and let it out slowly, they must have known I was telling the truth.

"Hey Frisk, how long was I gone? I had no way of telling time." I was utterly confused on how time worked in the void, it felt like maybe an hour at most, and with where I left Frisk there is no way they would have been able to get all the way to dad's castle by then.

Frisk seemed to have calmed down, they sighed, "You were gone for hours! I spend at least three in the True Lab, minus the half an hour of trying to call out to you. Then skmething weird happened with the elevator, a voice I have never heard before, called me on my cell phone and the the door shut and it shot me all the way to the elevator at the front of the capital. Then it was a hour walk over to the castle here... Asgore, just like before, is waiting in the other room to kill me."

"Frisk, I'm not sure where this feeling came from, but I think something different will happen this time, I mean this timeline is completely different from the one we were at before... the whole Flowey incident. Anyways, I'll be there with you, I won't let things go down like last time." I swore to Frisk I would protect them until they was the surface again, I'm determined to keep that promise.

They smiled, wiped their drying tears away, and stood up. They took their time heading towards my dad, but I didn't blame them. Frisk opened up the barriers huge and arched door, stepped inside, and left in open too scared to go back to the feeling of isolation. My dad stood right infront if them, waiting.

His voice was deep and rough, "This is the barrier. This is what keeps all us underground. If... if by chance you have any unfinished buisness... please do what you must." He turned towards Frisk and looked them in the eyes. They shook their head, suggesting that they had no 'unfinished buisness.' He face faltered, "I see... this is it then. Ready?" The glass jars filled with the six human souls came out of slots in the ground, a single jarbwas left empty, waiting for Frisk's soul.

The same thing as last time happened, the lights strangely lit the room and I felt Frisk's emotions overwhelm with determination! Dad was looking down at the ground, I could tell that he was completely ashamed of himself... I wondered what made him come to the decision to murder all the humans that fell down.

"Human... it was nice to meet you. Goodbye." He got into his stance to unsheathed his trident but before he drew his weapon he looked up and his eyes widened and there was a fire ball that whizzed past Frisk's head and hit him in the stomach. Frisk and I whipped around in surprise and there stood my mom, Toriel, standing in the doorway of the barrier with her hands in front of her with smoke disappearing from where the fireball once was.