Summer's Kiss ; Chapter 3

The next few days felt more and more prolonged. With each passing day, I dreaded the thought of speaking to Liam. The thought of him discovering I was gay was overwhelming, though it would've felt so good if someone knew... I was constantly out of the house and I could sense Liam going ballistic if I went at it another day. A part of me knew jolly well that he were dying on the inside but a part of me was terrified if he ever came probing.
_____________________________________________________________

The sun had completed its tour for the day, and had now been replaced by myriad stars, which dotted the inky canopy. I heard myself sigh, realizing that I couldn't withstand another day of not speaking to Liam. I wasn't going to explain myself for that day. that I would definitely enjoy the thrill of seeing Louis do it. 

Just then, the weather had taken a direction of its own. The sky shrouded with an eerie ominous cloud. In a blink of an eye, a wet canopy had formed. The raindrops pelted against my skin and with each falling drop it felt like hammers in miniature piercing through my skin.

"Damn." I cursed under my breath as I scrambled for the nearest shelter. From the corner of my eyes I caught a glimpse of a bus stop and made a beeline for it.

Nearing the shelter my eyes chanced upon someone sitting there. My heart had started pounding against my ribcage as my hands trembled. What if he... I shrugged the thought of and inched towards it, though hesitant with every step I took.

Distant chuckling penetrated my trail of thoughts as my eyes met his hazel coated orbs, his sugary maple locks stood out instantly and it complimented his brown copper skin.

"I won't bite." His cooed before letting a chuckle escape his lips, something about him seemed so serene, as I stepped in.

Deafening silence pierced through the atmosphere as soon as I stepped in, soon disrupted by the incessant ringing of my cell. 

"Hello?" I answered, not bothering to glance at the caller ID.

"Harry? You okay?" I heard Liam's voice play repeatedly in my head, concerned.

"Li!" I enthused, relief washed over me at the warmth of his voice.

"It's raining cats and dogs out there, want me to come and get you?" He inquired, his tone faltering, I could imagine worry ceasing his forehead.

"No." I concluded, "I know my way back." I affirmed.

"Haz, this isn't a time for you to be-"Liam winced.

"Li, listen. I'll get back home. Trust me." I persisted.

"Fine..." He sighed, his defeated tone rippled through me and I immediately felt guilt rush through me for causing him to worry like that. 

"I promise I'll be back safe and sound." With that I cut the call, a wry smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

"Your Mum?" A raspy voice distracted me from my thoughts. 

"No, my brother." I replied, curtly as I spun around to face him. His eyes met mine, his eyes as if a sly fox on a prowl and I couldn't suppress a giggle which escaped my lips. He donned a tight leather jacket,which complimented his tonned and slender body very well, as his hair was swept up in dapper in a quiff.

"Ahh.." He commented, "so what's so funny?" He probed.

"Nothing." I sensed my cheeks burning red , considering how good looking he was. I really needed to stop checking out guys who were clearly very straight. I gronaed internally as I averted my attention back to him.