Chapter 2 : Hidden motives.

18th January, 2018

There was a knock on the door bringing Shahmeer back from his thoughts. He closed the file and yelled a 'come in'. Detective Ashley walked in along with Aahil. Shahmeer shook hands with the detective and they all seated on the couches in his office.

"Any clues?" Shahmeer began, sipping on his espresso. Aahil being the sensible one and the only one apart from Shahmeer who knows about the threats suggested Shahmeer to report it to the police but Shahmeer didn't wanted the paparazzi to make an issue of the case, which could result in, the person who's been sending him death threats getting alert, so he instead decided to hire a private detective and handle the matter.

"Sir as per the facial details you gave of the person, we made a sketch and tried matching it with the previous criminal records but it didn't match with anyone. The person don't have a criminal record. Apart from that, the death threats that you have been receiving have a common thing. First of all the handwriting is similar in every threats and every letter have the initials 'IC'. It can be the initials of a name of the person sending you threats or it can be the name of any business institute or it can be anything." The detective spoke, pointing at the initials in the threat letters. Shahmeer nodded his head and studied the letters. The initials weren't handwritten they were printed at the bottom left of the papers.

"As far as I know, no business institute have such initials here." Aahil spoke, looking from Shahmeer to the detective.

"Then it can be the initials of the name of that person." The detective concluded.

"But why will he want his identity to be revealed if he's been sending them without the address?" Aahil asked. Shahmeer's brows were knitted together and he seemed deep in thoughts.

"Because he's challenging me to find his name among so many names with the same initials." Shahmeer spoke, walking upto the full wall window of his office, his one hand in his pant pocket and the other holding the coffee mug, his sleeves folded up. Aahil and the detective looked at him and he turned around to face them. He took a sip of his coffee and placed it on the nearby table.

"Thank you so much Mr. Ashley. You continue with your research on the case and do inform me if you find anything new." Shahmeer walked the detective out of the cabin. He turned around to see Aahil's confused face. He walked back to his seat and sat with his hands on the table.

"He wants to destroy Idrisi Group of Companies, he wants to destroy me. If he wanted to destroy me directly, he would have taken some serious actions but it's all a game for him. So! Let's play." Shahmeer spoke, the corner of his lips curved into a smirk.

"Why will someone want to do that?" Aahil questioned, his brows knitted together in confusion and eyes narrowed in slits.

"The increasing market share of Idrisi Group of Companies is the reason." Shahmeer stated, his head held high. Aahil's lips formed in an O shape as realisation dawned on him. Their talk was interrupted when the door burst open and Shumail and Zaid walked in, Shumail holding the pizza boxes.

"Assalmualaikum." They both greeted, Shumail's voice a little too chirpy. "Who wants some Pizza?" Shumail placed the boxes on the table and dragged a chair for himself to sit while Zaid did the same.

"Walaikum Assalam. Such generosity suddenly? What did you do this time for which you are trying to bribe us with this treat?" Aahil questioned, wiggling his eyebrows and Shumail gave him a sarcastic smile.