Sunset

“Gin, um Fleur told us that we were getting ready to leave, so I think we should go” I couldn’t help but notice that his eyes were red-rimmed as well.

“Okay” He extended an arm to help me up; without hesitation I took it. Now that I was standing I could see things better. It wasn’t a very pleasing sight. It was strange to see Hogwarts; a place that was my home ruined. It was the place where I had learnt valuable lessons; the place I had become myself. It felt like a part of me had been ruined also.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Never in a million years did I think that a meal at the Weasly house would be described as quiet, but the only sound I could hear was the sound of forks hitting the plates. Nobody made an attempt at conversation; because it useless and we all knew that.

After dinner I rushed up to my room; the silence was unbearable. It was teasing me that if Fred were here it would not be this quiet. I shut the door and silently hopped onto my bed. I have no idea how long I sat there crying into my knees. The creaked open and Hermione came  tip-toeing in.

“Go away” but with the amount of crying I had done it was probably incoherent. She ignored me and let me cry my head out on her shoulder.  

“It’s okay to cry Ginny!”

“I know, I’ve been doing it for the past hour.” With that came another tidal wave of tears (naturally).

…………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………

I woke up feeling groggy like I hadn’t slept in the first place. I slid out of bed and stood in front of my window. After my eyes got used to the blinding flood of light; the sun was just rising. I stood there watching a wonderful display of multiple shades of orange, red, yellow, purple and pink danced across the sky. I had seen many sunsets before but this one in particular one brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. Maybe it was because I needed a little assurance that the world was still the one I had grown up in. I very reluctantly turned my back on my window and headed for the bathroom.

After my shower, I dressed not really noticing what I was putting on. I raced down the stairs and inwardly frowned; once again the place was dead silent, so much for normality. I sighed and trudged to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. I grabbed a bowl, cereal and milk. I sat down to have breakfast by myself, something I had never done before. I started replaying the events of the battle in my mind. I was so lost in thought I didn’t notice the arrival of somebody. Somebody with naturally untidy jet black hair, emerald eyes and a small lightning shaped-scar.

“Gin, you okay?” I nodded slowly then he sat right next to me. The first thing I did when he sat down was punch him hard in the shoulder.

“What was that for?”

“Hopefully that will teach you not to play dead, even if it is for a good reason!” Realization dawned on his face and he turned to me and with satisfaction I noticed he was still clutching his arm. What he said next I never expected in a million years.

“Do you want to know what happened while I was away?” I nodded then we both slowly got out of our chairs.   

“Wait, aren’t you hungry”

“Not Yet.” I followed him outside and as we walked he told me EVERYTHING!

A/N: I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY I FORGOT TO UPDATE; I FEEL LIKE A DEATH EATER. ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT THE SCHOOL SYSTEM DECIDES TO GIVE YOU SO MUCH WORK 3 WEEKS BEFORE YOU LEAVE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE; I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY IT MAKES BEES LOOK LIKE MY BROTHERS. ANYWAYS; DON’T FORGET TO VOMMET.

nonamefangirl!