Second Chance At Love: Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

"It's been a week!" Ryan yelled as he barged into my room and slammed the door shut, throwing himself on Cassidy's vacant bed.

"What has?" I asked him, not looking up from my laptop where I was writing a report I had procrastinated on.

"Since I've seen Abigail! Okay, well I've seen her since then, but I haven't hung out with her!"

I finished up my sentence I was writing before looking at the poor, whipped Ryan.

"Why don't you call her?" I asked him.

He gave me a look, "You don't think I have? She always has some reason why she can't talk, or some reason why she can't hang out!"

"Ryan," I sighed, shutting my laptop, "I really don't know what to tell you."

"Call her," he said.

"Excuse me?"

What was that going to accomplish?

"Call her! See if she'll talk to you! See if she wants to hang out!"' he practically begged.

"I don't know Ryan, we're really not friends. I mean I only talk to her because you're dating her."

He grinned, "And that's why you two should get together to hang out! Get to know each other!"

"Ryan!" I said, exasperated, "Why do I have to be involved in your love life?"

"Pleasseeeeeee Monica? It would mean everything to me!" he begged.

I hesitated for a moment. I really didn't want to do this, but Ryan was my best friend. He would probably do it for me.

"Okay... fine, Ryan. But don't ask me for anymore favors for a while."

He was grinning as I was talking, before jumping up and grabbing me.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you!" he said, swinging me around in circles until I was dizzy.

"Ryan!" I cried, "You're going to make me puke!"

He promptly set me down before grabbing my cell off my nightstand.

"Here you go," he said, handing it to me.

I sighed as I grabbed it, pulling up my contacts. Abigail was at the beginning.

"You owe me," I mouthed to Ryan as I clicked call and it started dialing her number.

He nodded excitedly.

"Hello?" Abigail's voice asked on the other side.

"Abigail! Hey," I said.

"Monica? Is that you?" she asked.

"Mhmm. You know, I was thinking. We never really hang out, and since your dating my best friend, I figured we should get to know each other better."

"Oh umm... okay. Yeah, sure." She said, hesitating.

"So, you want to get together for lunch tomorrow?" I asked her, smiling at Ryan who was practically jumping with excitement.

"You know, I really can't. I umm... am going to be... I mean, I have somewhere that I have to be tomorrow. So it's not a good day for me," Abigail replied. She sounded kind of nervous.

"Oh alright. Well how about on Sunday then? We could have lunch at Harmony's." I asked.

I heard shuffling on the other side before she replied.

"Sure, Monica. That should work."

"Great, Abigail! Well I'll see you then! Does 1 sound good?" I asked.