Holidays By The Seaside: Chapter Four

Irene took a quick shower and headed to the kitchen because her stomach was grumbling very loudly. There, she found her mom and grandmom making salad and her grandad sitting on the table ready to gobble the roast chicken. Irene sat next to him. "Mom, today I met someone who likes Harry Potter as much as I do" she said because her mom didn't approve of her daughter reading these stuff and she wanted to show her that many people like it. 

Her grandmom almost cut off her finger from the shock. "When you say someone... how was he? was he wearing many earrings? Did he have many tattoos? oh my God, was he smoking...?" she didn't let her daughter speak.

"No granny, he had no earrings, no tattoos and he wasn't smoking" she answered.

"Mom, I think Irene was talking to me" Mrs Mays said quite irritated. "You know you mustn't talk to strangers. Don't you?"

"I do mom. Besides I didn't tell him anything about me except for my name"

"Did he tell you his?" her mother asked

"Yes, Harry Wilson"

 "I know him! he is my friend Helga's grandson. Wonderful child. Very gentle, indeed!" her grandmother's attitude changed. "I think you should hang out with him more"

Her mom was now more relaxed. "Ok, if your grandmom knows him and you have things in common, then you can become friends" she emphasized the word friends.

"Are we ever going to eat?" her grandpa couldn't wait anymore.

"Yes the food is ready" Mrs Mays said and carefully took the hot baking dish out of the oven.

                                                                        ♥     ♥     ♥

In the afternoon Irene was bored to death so she decided to visit Xanthippi. She was outside of her house ringing the doorbell but nobody opened the door. She took her cellphone out of her pocket and texted her.

Where are you?

A few seconds later her phone buzzed.

Xan: My dad discovered a new museum about greek history in town and took me and my mom with him.

At 5 in the afternoon? she texted.

Xan: He was very excited. Did you know people in ancient Greece were wearing more bright coloured clothes and less plain white?

No I didn't. Anyway see ya.

Xan: Bye

Irene sighed and headed to Mark's house. She rang the doorbell and Helen opened the door.

"Hey" Irene greeted her.

"Hi, how are you?" she asked politely.

"Fine, you?"

"Bored, so I came to see Mark. Is he here?"

"Yes, he is upstairs"

"Ok, thanks" she said and climbed the stairs.

She was standing out of his bedroom and she could hear him playing the guitar.

every time I look at you

a spark lights

and then it dies

'cause I'm in love with you...

and I don't know what to do

because you're my friend

and I don't want this to end