5/L

OK so a lot of stuff is explained here and it's kind of overload but it's necessary, I promise. I've even got a song list for you!

100% - Sonic Youth {car song}

Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots {car song}

Crosses - Jose Gonzalez {M/L talk}

Enjoy! Comment! Vote! Whatever!

***

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."

~Oscar Wilde~

***

I roll over when the glare of the sun is too strong for my eyelids to black it out, reaching out into the emptiness for the body that was still in the bed when I fell asleep last night. Mac.

My eyes flutter open and I abruptly sit up, throwing the covers off my legs as I do so. "Mac?" I call out. Maybe he's in the bathroom?

Lo and behold, he rushes through the cracked bathroom door, belt unbuckled and hair sticking up with a toothbrush in his hand. I let out a giggle at his distress. "What? Why are you laughing..." he breathes with a smile.

"You look crazy. I thought you had left."

"No I'm.. right here."

I awkwardly hop to the edge of the bed, reaching for his hand to pull him to me. "Talk to me." I wrap my arms around his neck, and he drops the toothbrush on the bed before winding his around my waist. "Don't do that, you'll get -"

"It's clean Lucky, I had only wet it."

"Oh okay."

"I'm alright, baby."

"No you're not, don't bury this." I know the concern on my face is evident but he tries to brush it off.

"The fight wasn't anything out of the ordinary, Lue."

"You yelled."

"Yeah -"

"You threw a bottle."

"Yes I did, but -"

I cut him off with a kiss, and he sighs into my mouth as I run my fingers over his hair and cup his neck to keep him close to me. "Mac," I whisper.

In a brief moment of unguarded peace, he presses his forehead against mine and exhales in relief, rubbing his hands up and down my back underneath my shirt. "You don't have to be strong for me, you know. Not today. Not here."

"Yeah..." he trails off. For a second I believe he's going to open up. "I wanna take you somewhere today."

"Alright," I sigh. Nope, it would be too easy for him to just do that. "Where?"

"Just... trust me, Lue, please." If only it were that easy.

"Yeah, ok." This time he kisses me, softly, before unwrapping his arms from my body, grabbing his toothbrush, and slumping back to the bathroom.

He shuts the door, but quickly reopens it and peeks his head back out. "If we're gonna kiss any more this morning, I suggest you brush your teeth. Breath's a tad gnarly there." My glare only makes him laugh harder, and he pops back into the bathroom.

----

The aroma of pancakes is overwhelming as Mac and I clomp down the stairs, dressed and both feeling rather cautious about what we may encounter after last night's events. Sylvia comes into sight first, glancing up from her phone to smile at me as I enter the dining room. "Mama, they're awake!"