Entry #4

Dear Diary,

I am sorry for lying. I can't believe it has been a month since I last wrote in you. A lot has happened since then.

Mother has been checking everything of mine and only after last week passed by, she was satisfied with the knowledge that I did not have anything to do with drugs.

Professor Sanders, my psychology teacher, is still as proud of me as he was when he saw the brilliant score I got in the very first test. It was time to put my plan into action!

I went to a fight the night of the day when I last wrote in you. I was right. My arms were sore the next day and since I had an extra burly opponent, I was horrifyingly bruised all over my body too. I guess people got a bit too excited that Evelyn the Innocent was back in the ring and forgot that there was such a thing as warmups before the main exercise.

I went to visit Dad a few weeks ago. He kept on repeating how sorry he was and how he wished he could turn back time and change what happened but he can't. No one can. She is dead and it was all his fault.

The fact that he is not prison, serving punishment for his sins was even worse. Instead, he comfortably lounged in his office chair, as though he owned the company. Which he did. A fact that made me want to punch him black and blue and then kill him. Kill him in the same torturous manner that he killed her.

It would've been one thing to kill her. But it was completely different that he killed her and then bribed every witness of the event to not go against him so that he could stay away from prison. That was completely, definitely different.

But she didn't die in vain. I'll make sure she doesn't...

Got to go. Mother is calling me. Again. For the billionth time today.

Love,

E. M