Still Naked

Elijah walked me back to the arena, while Amara and Rose went back to the city.

Even with the short amount of time I had spent around Rose, I knew there was a reason for her apparent differences. Her color was a flag, waving around explaining what set her apart from the rest. Just as mine waves, blue instead of blood red.

Let the freak flag fly.

But what about her was different? She was coded as such but why? What about her was like me?

I would have to ask Alaric. Ask Alaric about a lot of things...

Hotheaded, brooding, dickhead Alaric.

"Do want to join me for supper?" Elijah asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?" I spit out, not even understanding at first.

"Supper?" Elijah confirmed. "You and me?" The dumbfounded look on my face made him laugh. "Just for something relatively normal to do?"

Normal. Yes, because having dinner on a hidden island with a person that was more god than man was utterly fucking normal.

But it was more. And I wanted more.

"Sure," I smiled, "that would be nice." I paused for a moment trying to find the right words.

"If you see Alaric can you tell him to find me?"

Elijah's face changed, and if I wasn't watching for the reaction, I never would have noticed. "Of course," he said too quickly. "Do you mind me asking why?"

"There is just a couple of things I want to ask him," I said hoping he wouldn't pry any further than that.

The conversation was slower after that as he walked me back up to my room, or the room I was currently staying in. I leaned up against the door, palms pressing into the wood.

His hand pressed into the wall beside my head. "Where something nice," Elijah said too close to my face. And then with a blistering smile pushed off and walked down the hall.

I took me a minute to peel myself off the door and slip inside.

And then I was pressed up against the wall. I felt my stomach drop, my heart hammering.

Alaric grinned down at me; body pressed a little too close to mine.

"Alaric," I snapped whacking him in the stomach with the back of my hand.

His chest rumbled against mine. "Got you," he said with a little grin and grey eyes dancing with familiar mischief.

"What the fuck," I barked glaring up at him.

"Heard you were looking for me," Alaric said cocking his head to the side.

"How-" I began, but he cut me off.

He tapped a finger against his temple. "I know everything, Mari."

"Apparently," I said rolling my eyes. "Going to stand there all day or let me off the damn wall?" Alaric looked between us, eyes scanning the very tiny bit of space between our bodies.

He winked at me before pushing off the wall. "So, what do you want me for?" he said his back turned to me. "Time to tell all the slippery little secrets?"