Chapter 17

Ray's P.O.V

I felt an headache coming on as I stood there and looked at Roc who was getting on my last nerve.
Anna looked worried. She knew that things could get worst. But I didn't care, I wanted to know why Roc, her ex , was in her house in nothing but basketball shorts.

"Roc just please shut up. You're always screwing things up." Anna said to Roc. She then turned to me and grabbed my hand,"Ray, don't let him get in your head. Just please don't take this in the wrong way. Please let me explain babe." she said.

"You don't have to explain squat to him Anna. Just tell him what you told me." Roc said.

My eyebrows clashed together," What did you tell him Anna ?" I asked.

"I didn't tell him anything ! I swear ! I put that on my Dad! I didn't say anything to him !" she shouted. " And how dare you try and sit here like you're so innocent Roc?! You're a lying cheating bastard !" She yelled again.

"Excuse me trick ?! What did you just say?" Roc said to Anna.

My fists clenched. Even though I didn't know who I should be pissed off at, Roc has no reason to talk to my girl like that.

I stepped closer to him, making me centimeters away from him.
"Look, just because she's telling the truth doesn't make her a trick. You better check yo self before you wreck yo self." I said.

His face hardend and his eyes became cold, "So now you wanna be 'Mr. Helper' now ? What do you want ? A 'Thanks for trying' sticker ? Listen, she was my women way before she was yours, it's obvious you're just the rebound." Roc said.

Before anything could come out of my mouth, I was shoved into the wall. That was it. That was my last straw. I grabbed Roc by his shirt and began to punch him repeatedly in the face. We fell onto the floor and he got a couple licks in. I heard Anna and an unfamiliar voice screaming asking me to just stop.

"Ray, baby stop! It's not worth it" Anna said trying to convince me.

"Get off of him!" That same unfamiliar voice said.

I looked up and I seen Anna. She was looking at me with pleading eyes. I could see the tears forming and I hated to see her cry. Then I looked over at the girl and she was pissed. I decided to get off him. I got up wiped some blood from my lip. I had some blood on my knuckles, but most of it was his. 

"I'm leaving." I said. My face felt hot and my hands hurt from pounding him so hard. 

"B-But Ray , Let me explain." Anna said.

I took out my pocket a , now smashed , king sized Hershey bar , and put it in the palm of her hand. I quickly headed out the door. I wasn't in the mood to hear what Anna had to say. I was too pissed off and I just need to cool it for a while. I hopped in my car and started the ignition. I sped off , feeling bad for what I had just done. Usually I'm laid back and chill. If someone had wanted to start a fight with me , I would avoid it. Not because I was scared , but because I'm more of a lover. 

When I got home I headed upstairs to the bathroom to clean the scratch I had on my lip. I went into the cabniet and grabbed some alcohol and Q-Tip and began to clean the infected area. After I was done doing that I decided to take a shower so it could kind of help me relax. I let the warm water run down my skin. It did feel relaxing. The steamy water helped my muscles that I pulled. 

After my shower, I threw on my boxers and some sweatpants. I looked at my phone and seen I had numerous missed calls from Anna and 1 missed call from my mom. I also had some texts from Anna saying things like , 'Please call me' , ' Baby I'm sorry' or ' Fine be that way then.' I really didn't know why she was mad, I should be the one thats mad. After all, she did tell me there were NO chances of her and Roc ever being together again. Then she decides to have him in her house. Shirtless. I decided to let that thought go for a second and call my mom to see what was up.

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

RING .

RING .

RIN-

"Hello?" My mom's sweet voice answered. 

"Hey mom, is everything alright ?" I asked.