Fireworks [Edited]

Rafe's POV:

Reclining against the driver's side door of his car he glanced at his wristwatch. Sighing, he watched the little hand tick on slowly. Mentally checking off things on his to do list. He was nervous as hell but satisfied. Tonight was the night. He had asked his padre and a few other mated wolves how they felt at this moment and they responded with a unanimous answer. They were scared shitless. So obviously what he was feeling wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Deep down he knew that he was truly blessed. Today, he was going to ask Kyla to be his wife.

Smiling, he relaxed as he thought about his baby. He knew her and because he did so well he knew that he had no real reason to be nervous. She was going to say 'yes'. Then again he also knew that Kyla at times could be a little unpredictable. On the outside he seemed composed but inside he was sweating buckets. He prayed that everything went according to plan. If they did than tonight should be memorable for the both of them. He was going to ask his mate to marry him and nothing would stop him.

For sometime now he could feel his mate's growing anxiousness. Mainly because he hasn't asked her to marry him. He found it amusing when she changed her ring tone to Beyonce's Single Ladies but after hearing it over a hundred times he got the hint loud and clear. He knew from the moment that he first laid eyes on her that she was the only woman that he would ever love. She appealed to both the man and the wolf in him. He loved her even though he hadn't said the words, yet.

For what felt like hours his mother lectured him on how important it is to a woman to hear her man tell her that he loves her. He didn't quite know how his mom found out that he hasn't told Kyla that he loved her but he was sure that she could feel that he did.

He loved Kyla more than anything but he was the type who believed in the notion that actions speak louder than words. Every kiss, hug, touch, and moment that he spent with her is how he showed his undying love for her and their children.

He couldn't think of anyother woman that he would want to be the mother of his pups. Kyla, the babies, his parents, and the twins were always in his thoughts. They were truly the reasons for his mere existence. He loved how his family embraced Kyla. His mom and Kyla were extremely close. His dad treated her like she was his daughter. As for the twins well they loved her.

Women truly are more vocal than men when it comes to expressing their feelings. Not that he minded but he knew that women waited their whole lives for the right man to come along. The truth be told men are also searching for the right woman. It may take them some time. Since it is fun kickin it with all of the Ms. Wrongs but eventually a hombre becomes tired of the game. At that point he may decide that it's time to settle down.

Men might not express themselves a lot but in essence they are also looking for someone to grow old with. Someone that will trust, support, and love them. Even as a boy he watched his parent's and grandparent's relationships and he knew that he wanted what they had. He knew that he had to be prepared for the day that he found his mate.

Many years later and here he was. For awhile he doubted that he would ever find her but he did. His mate. The one woman that was designed specifically for him. She took his sh** but also gave him he** when he needed it. He realized that he needed her and that they made an awesome team. Reluctantly he left their bed this morning but he had business to take care of.

She looked so peaceful all snuggled up with his pillow. The sheets were tangled around her fuller body. Mami was thick before but with her advanced pregnancy she became even more thicker. He liked it. The white sheets contrasted with her lush brown skin. As she snored softly he smiled. She snuggled even deeper into the covers sighing. He watched as her extended stomach peeked through an opening in the sheets.