Chapter One

"Oi! Nathan! Lock up, will you?" Asked Will, the owner of Saturday's Coffee Shop.

"Sure thing, Will." Answered the blonde haired man. He continued to wash the tables. Three small, delicate taps came from the door, and the bell rung when it opened. "Sorry we're-!" At that moment, he caught sight of the girl who had just entered the shop. She had a slender, symmetrical face. Dark, almond shaped eyes looked at him behind big framed glasses. But...no hair. Just a do rag on her head.

He was taken aback by her appearance. But, then returned to his work. "We're closed, Madame. Sorry." He said. She just stared at him, blankly.

"I-I'm sorry, I thought I was home." She said, plainly. Nathan looked at her like she had grown two heads.

"Well I've-certainly never heard of anyone living in a coffee shop before." He said.

"The guys must've played a trick." She said. "A bit cliche to play tricks on the blind girl."

"You're blind? And they told you, that this was home." He asked.

"Yes." She said. He couldn't help but softly laugh. "It's not funny!" She stamped her foot like a child, and right when it hit the floor, the sound of metal clanking could be heard. That's when he stopped laughing, and noticed the robotic foot.

"Need a lift?" He asked, she nodded and sat down on the wooden bench, waiting for him to finish cleaning.

In the car, Nathan noticed her skinniness. The girl looked as if she had not eaten in months. "So, what's your name?" He asked, trying to start up a conversation.

"Anna. Anna Lee Davidson." She said.

"Not from around here, are you Anna?"

"Did the American accent, give it away?"

"No, it's the fact that you believed two guys that a coffee shop was home."

She laughed. He lightly chuckled. He then decided to bring up the topic of food, to make sure she did eat. "So, what do you like to eat?" He asked.

"You'd laugh." She said.

"My mother ate grilled cheeses dipped in sour cream, I think you're good." He said. She smiled.

"Cheese crackers dipped in yogurt." She said.

"Well, I'll admit, that's a bit different." He said, taking the keys out of the ignition. "This it? Apartment 15-A?"

She nodded. Before she closed the car door, he caught her by the arm. "Name's Nathaniel, by the way. Call me Nathan." He said.

"Okay. Bye, Nathan. Thanks for the lift!" She called, before opening the door to the apartment.