five

March 18, 2009

Locker Room, HYDRA Base

Undisclosed Location

Savannah reached forward and turned the dial to "hot." Brock intertwined their fingers as she drew her hand back to her body and closed her eyes. She opened them again and looked at him in the reflection of the small mirror beneath the showerhead.

"I'm pretty buffed on all the literature on him, you know," she said, thoroughly uninterested in the naked man pressed against her. Despite that, she let her head fall back on his shoulder if for no other reason than to appease him while she spoke. "I have complaints about some plot holes that I'd really like filled."

"Mm," he hummed as he kissed along her shoulders and neck, moving aside her hair as he did so.

Savannah rolled her eyes and threw a hand up against the shower wall, her focus on the water that rained down on the both of them.

"I read up on the other Soldiers they had in Siberia," she continued. "We'd be unstoppable if we utilized all of those men. All of those... weapons. It'd be... beautiful."

"Too hard to control." Brock sighed and pulled Savannah closer to him by her hips and tried to turn her head toward him. She didn't budge.

"Really." She thought on it for a moment, completely removed from whatever he thought he was doing to seduce or arouse her. "Too hard to control how?"

"Unstable," Brock murmured. He ran his hands down each side of her body and tried again to kiss her. Savannah turned her head the opposite direction. "C'mon."

"Unstable in what way? Not even the acclaimed Alexander Pierce could get them under control?"

Finally, Brock dropped his hands to his sides with a smack and stepped away from her.

"They were too strong, too unpredictable." He turned and left the shower stall to throw a towel around his waist. "Barnes was the only one who cooperated. We always guessed it was because he had the least to lose. He was a POW, a guinea pig for Zola. Everyone else volunteered and then tried to bite the hand that gave them the serum."

Savannah ruminated on that for a moment, allowing the water to run over her face and into her eyes.

She had known all of that already, but something still felt off; HYDRA should have been trying harder to get as much power as they could.

"If we can't handle a few super soldiers, how can we expect to rule the world?"

She heard Brock scoff from the other side of the glass and turned to see him pulling a tight black t-shirt over his head.

"You've seen what it takes to handle Barnes. You really think we have the resources to do that, times six? I think no." He shook his head and ran a handful of product through his hair. "You done yet? Pierce is expecting us by eight."

Savannah sighed and shut off the water, her dripping hair still hanging in her face.

"Also, it's not about world domination. We've been over this so many times, Savannah. It's—"

"Pushing society to a tipping point until they feel like they have nothing left but HYDRA for guidance and support and control. Got it, thank you," she said as she stepped out of the shower and rung her hair out in a towel. "It just seems like a wasted opportunity."

"I don't expect you to understand," Brock said dismissively. His eyes ran over her entire body. "I have been at this a lot longer. I know you think you're familiar with all of it—"