Chapter 7: Past Nighmare Or Present Scar

"Cherry... I'm so sorry" Said King Dice as he hugged Cherry tighter, trying to comfort her.

"It's fine... you get used to it... after all these years" Replied Cherry as she wiped away a couple of tears from her face, she pulled away from King Dice.

Slowly Cherry stood up and walked over to the window, staring out into the world.

"My family didn't seem like my family Dice... when ever I looked into the mirror I never saw any of them in me... I saw more of Elder Kettle in me than any of them" Continued Cherry as she crosses her arms and continued to stare out of the window.

"I wasn't like them Dice... I was someone else... someone who my family didn't want... I spent more time with Cuphead, Mugman and Elder Kettle than my own family... they feel like... the family I was ment to have to begin with" Continued Cherry as she wiped away a couple of tears from her face, and glanced over her shoulder at King Dice.

The Devil was outside King Dice's door listening to everything. Even he was surprised when Cherry was talking about her past. King Dice stayed silent looking over at Cherry, he was upset for her.

"That might have been due to the fact of what my family was... well... The Devil's Debt Collectors..." Continued Cherry as her body tensed up at the thought of it, she looked at the ground then back out of the window.

Outside the door the Devil almost in shock, his eyes wide with horror. King Dice's jaw almost hit the floor, he couldn't believe Cherry could be related to them.

"I despised it... I never got involved... which might be the reason my family didn't want me... I knew the Devil was very close to them... but me... I was far away as possible from everything... that might be why the Devil never knew who I was when I first met him... but how could he... he knew nothing about me... just everyone else in my family" Continued Cherry as she sighed and looked towards the ground, her arms still crossed over her chest.

"I've always had this feeling... like that whole fire was a setup... done by the Devil himself... He may have set the fire in your family home... but it was my family he ended... your family might not have done anything wrong... but the fire... them dying... your family still alive... I repressed all of this for so long... I'd even forgot my family was close to the Devil... I'd forgot about my real family... until now" Continued Cherry as she glanced over her shoulder to look at King Dice, her face completely lifeless.

"I've never told anyone about this Dice... but I trust you... and I thank you for letting me tell you all this" Cherry Continued as she fully turned around to face him.

King Dice stared at Cherry blankly, trying to take everything in. He was shocked with what Cherry had just said, even he was starting to think the fire could have been a setup. Slowly he stood up and walked over to Cherry.

"They say things happen for a reason Cherry... I know it's horrible that your family passed away... but the family you have now seems better for you... if the fire never happened I wouldn't have needed the job for money... and if you didn't know Cuphead and Mugman... you and I might have never met" Replied King Dice as he looked down at Cherry, with a small smile on his face and a shine in his eyes.

"You do have a very good point Dice" Said Cherry as she gave King Dice a smile and a shine came about her eyes.

"And I'm greatful that we've met each other... because you're someone special Dice" Continued Cherry as she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug.

King Dice smiled and wrapped his arms around Cherry, pulling her closer to him. He looked down at her and realised he was pretty lucky to have her here. Even if he could have let Her, Cuphead and Mugman lose their souls, King Dice had decided to keep them all alive. He glanced up at the clock and saw it was just over an hour before the ball started.