Chapter 42 The Portal

Leslie P.O.V

Leslie stared at the portal before with a hesitant look. She was worried that something would go wrong once she entered the passage and would hinder her from protecting all of her loved ones. She didn't know why she had this underlying fear that her absence would trigger unfathomable danger, but she didn't like it and was even more frozen at the thought.

She knew that she couldn't just stand here all day, she had duties to do back at home and didn't want to delay anything, especially the pack training session. She felt terrible about not being able to enter the portal after everyone worked so hard to create this space for her and even went the extra mile and found such a secret location for her to travel through. Was she being selfish for feeling this way?

Leslie felt two arms wrap around her shoulders and relaxed into them, the familiar scent of Tyler surrounding her. "I can't leave... Somethings going to go wrong if I do Tyler..." She whispered, turning around in his arms to come face to face with him.

Elliot had left the cave to recharge after all the exhaustion he went through making the portal and Logan was giving Greggory an in depth look of the pack, so it was only Tyler and I... Where it first began.

Leslie watched as his eyes searched her own and his shoulders lowered, as though he was giving in. He could sense that she wasn't alright, even though she tried so badly to hide it. She pulled herself closer to him and closed her eyes, "I know Elliot worked so hard for the portal to work and you all went through so much trial and error, but something in my gut... Its telling me not to leave and I don't want to ignore it. I've done that so much in my life."

"Maybe you should look in your seer journal? There may be something in it that holds a message about why you're so worried. We can always just do training a little farther from home at the moment and when the feeling goes away you can practice in the dungeon... We'll have Elliot close it once he's okay."

Leslie looked up at Tyler with a relaxed face and nodded, "we should keep some guards here though. No one knows if someone or something could try to sneak in while we aren't looking." Leslie suggested, looking at the portal.

"I understand that worry. Even though it isn't located directly in the pack house, it feels a little too close for comfort?" He said questioningly.

Leslie nodded and pulled away from Tyler, rolling her shoulders and trying to feel a little more calm, before she opened her link to her brothers back at the house. She quickly requested they send a guard over and tell Elliot to come and close the portal once he felt well enough to do so.

Once she felt okay enough about the portal, she started walked toward the exit of the cave that they had come across and paused. Tyler walked over to her side and she took his hand, before looking back at the portal once more. Shivers ran through her body in that instant and there was Luke and Tyler was gone.

"LESLIE NO!" Luke screamed.

"Luke? What's wrong!? Are you alright!?" I heard myself scream back him.

"The portal! You should have never-"

In a moment Luke's worried face was changed and a smirk appeared on his face. I shivered in horror as a different voice spoke, "thank you for your location princess, we'll be seeing you very soon." Michael's voice floated around her, before she felt the weight of Tyler's hand on hers, bringing her back to reality.

"We have three days." She whispered.

"Three days before what?" A concerned Tyler asked, looking down at her.

"Before all havoc breaks loose on our land." She said in a grave voice, before opening her link to her brothers. WE NEED ELLIOT TO CLOSE THE PORTAL NOW!

She yelled through the link at them, before walking back to where the idle portal stood. She took a seat in front of it and closed her eyes, sitting in a crisscrossed position, "make sure no one comes in aside Elliot and tell the others to start getting the children to safety as far away from here as they can."

"What are you going to do Leslie?" Tyler asked urgently from behind her.

"I'm going to pay a visit to Michael, since he thinks its alright to mess with my mind... If anything goes wrong... Find a way to wake me up as soon as possible." Were the last words that escaped her lips, before she closed her eyes and let her spirit guide her to finding a way to stop Michael.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a short chapter since I am just getting back into the flow of writing, but I am happy to say I will be frequently updating because as my thankfulness for being PART OF THE #WATTPADBLOCKPARTY ONCE AGAIN rolls around, it is all because of all the faith you put in me as a writer and I am so thankful!

I will be updating this book soon , hopefully in a few hours, after I update My Boyfriends Brother, My Mate!

As always, don't forget to:

Like

Follow

And MOST IMPORTANTLY

Comment!

I love your feedback and reactions!