Chapter 22

A/N uGgGgGhHhH I'm sorry for not updating I have exams in like 2 days and my old computer broke so I had to get a new one which took 3 days and oy vey what is my life.

Clary PoV

Today is the day. The first ultrasound. I'm nervous, so nervous, though I don't quite know why. This is going to be my first time seeing the little baby growing inside me, and also the first time Jace will be seeing it as well. I wish I knew the sex, so I could say my little baby boy or girl. I mean, of course, they can decide for themselves what they are when they're older, but I still just want to be able to call it something other than it...

At lunch today I had mentioned that it was ultrasound day, and everyone had been so excited! Izzy squealed and said that she wanted to come and see, to which I replied with a laugh, "Sorrrrryyyyy, but this one is just for me, Jace, and my parents." She frowned and promised to make me bring her a sonogram. I was definitely ok with doing that.

Alec and Magnus had pretty much said the same thing, making me and Jace promise pictures of our lovely little he or she. I am so excited that I have so much support. These people are like my second family, and they are definitely some of my favourite people on Earth.

______________________________

Waiting is truly one of the worst things to exist. I swear, sitting in the waiting room with three other anxious people and just waiting, letting your knee bounce and your hands twist is one of my least favourite things to experience.

I'm deep in thought about how much I hate all this waiting when they call out, "Clary Fray?"

I get up, as do my parents and Jace, and follow the nurse back to the sterile white room where the ultrasound machine waits. The nurse informs me that the doctor will be in in a few minutes and that I can have a seat on the bed. I nod my head and do what he says, sitting down and preparing for even more waiting.

After what seems like hours, the doctor comes in and tells me to lie down and lift my shirt. I comply, and he squirts some of the freezing cold gel onto my stomach. He begins waving the wand around, squinting at the screen. He smiles and say, "Congrats Ms. Fray, you're having..."

Muahahahhaha, hi author here. So I'm wondering, what should she have. Twins? One? Boy? Girl? Boy and Girl? 2 Girls? 2 Boys?

Thanks for reading!