Chapter 2:Drama with the drama club

Kelsi enters the cafeteria and quietly takes her seat at the drama club table by Ryan. She begins to eat her food quietly as a riot begins to break out in the cafeteria. Everyone is trying to break out of the status quo! Kelsi suddenly feels even more shy than she did before, with the cafeteria in song and dance number. Kelsi stood shyly while she watched the cafeteria protest.

Ryan is chatting with his sister at lunch when the cafeteria breaks out in protest of the status quo. Ryan isn't opposed to the idea of change, but he knows that Sharpay would get very mad and he wasn't sure he wanted to deal with that, so he plays along with her.

~

When Sharpay feels threatened, the first thing for her to do is protect herself. Despite Ryan's protests, Sharpay had the callbacks moved from Thursday to Friday so that Troy and Gabriella couldn't audition, as Gabriella had a scholastic decathlon and Troy had the championship basketball game. Kelsi knew this. Kelsi wanted Gabriella and Troy to audition, but she would never say anything. She wasn't like that, getting involved in business that's not really hers. Kelsi didn't want Twinkle Towne to be another Sharpay show, but what could she do?

~
Gabriella, Troy, Kelsi, Chad and Taylor are staring at the bulletin board with the announcement of the callback date change.

"Callbacks the same day as the game?" Exclaims Troy.

"And the scholastic decathlon!" Exclaims Gabriella

"Why would they do this?" Taylor asks.

"I smell a rat named Darbus..." says Chad.

"Actually, I think it's two rats, neither of them named Darbus." Kelsi explains. This whole thing was off- putting to her, as she liked Ryan, but not if he was like this.

"Do you know something about this... small person?" Chad asks Kelsi

Kelsi sighs and says " Miss Darbus might think she's protecting the show, but Ryan and Sharpay are pretty much only concerned with protecting themselves."

"Do you know what I'm gonna do to those two overmoussed showdogs?" Chad asks.

"Nothing. We're not gonna do anything to them. Except sing... maybe. All right. Now this is only going to happen; if we all work together... Now who's in?" Troy asks.

Everyone puts their hands in in agreement.

~

Ryan is kind of nervous. He wants to do well so that he and his sister(mainly his sister) gets the part and he also wants to impress Kelsi, considering she wasn't so impressed at the first audition.

Kelsi was anxious. She really hoped the plan that she, Troy, Chad, Gabriella and Taylor had would pull through, because otherwise Twinkle Towne will be another Sharpay show. The plan was that Taylor would shut off the lights in the gym and Chem lab so Gabriella and Troy could sneak out and audition for the show. Sharpay and Ryan did their audition. Kelsi didn't really like flashy numbers, and she was waiting for the time that the plan would go into action, but she had to admit; Ryan was cute dancing. Not to mention he can sing.

Ryan felt good during his audition, but he didn't think he impressed Kelsi. He's a lot more sensitive than he comes off as.

Sure enough, the plan goes through, and soon Kelsi, Gabriella and Troy are onstage for Gabriella and Troy's audition. Kelsi really loves playing piano this way, when it's a team effort between the singers and the pianist.

After the audition, Ryan walks up to Kelsi.

"Hi, I just wanted to tell you that I really like the songs I've heard from the show so far. I didn't change your show, my sister did," Ryan explains.

"Thanks. Those were some good moves up there today," Kelsi says.

~

"So Kelsi, what are your plans for this summer?" Martha asks as they walk down the hall on the last day of school.

"Grow...write music...grow," Kelsi responses.

Martha laughs as Kelsi goes to her locker.

Kelsi hated her small stature, but what could she do?