4. The Shady Passenger

"Sometimes your gut feeling is right. Either trust it yourself or make people believe in it. It might save lives."

ANUSHKA

"Sir, can I see your passport please?" I asked, letting the man know that there was something off about him that we had suspected.

He took out his passport from the pocket and handed it over to me eyeing me verily.

I observed the brand new passport. It didn't have a single stamp on it other than one, which meant that either he was about to fly for the first time or he had renewed his passport.

"Raymond Steele. Sir, have you flown with us before?" I questioned him briefly.

"No, first time." He responded. In the mean time, the crew started to help other passengers while I questioned him at one corner of the aircraft.

"And you are from Israel, correct?"

I asked again.

The man nodded, shrugging himself and looked at me with a blank face.

"Yes. Can you take me to the seat now?" I sighed, still eyeing his jacket with a little suspicion.

"Sir, I'd like for you to remove the jacket please."

I told him. Brenda came rushing towards me, so did Sarah. They both had frowns on their faces.

"What are you doing, Anushka!" Brenda hissed in my ear.

"There is something suspicious about him, okay?" I defended myself.

Brenda knew we had to follow protocol in such situations so she just rolled her eyes.

She nodded, allowing me to continue.

"Excuse me? I got through three security checks." The man defended himself.

"Yes, sir. I understand that. We are just following protocol." I said politely.

"No! Call your captain. This is no way to treat a passenger." He yelled.

Alright buddy, calm down.

"The captain is busy, sir. I am the crew incharge, please go along with the request." Brenda requested him.

The man remained cold and loud. If he had nothing to hide, why was he being so defensive?

It made no sense.

"No! Call your captain or I will report you for humiliating a passenger."

"The captain is busy, Sir. Please cooperate." I said politely.

"I paid so much for the business class. If this were emirates, I'd be getting top class treatment already."

He yelled again.