Love is Blind...

Hey people! So this is a short story I had to submit for a creative writing class... Mind you that it is NOT edited at all... This is a rough final draft, which was what was actually submitted for a grade.

* * * * * * *

Ian Hart was the successful CEO of Hart Industries. He was especially well known not just for his success, but also for his intelligence, good looks, and kind heart. To the public, Ian was seen as one of the most charitable person in society; he donates to all kinds of charity foundations at least twice a year, giving a very generous amount. 

Despite his good looks and seemingly perfect personality, Ian, at the age of thirty, was still single. His current relationship status doesn’t make sense though, considering that almost fifty percent of the women population in the United States is dying just to be with him. No, it’s all because Ian chooses to be single.

It isn’t that he doesn’t want to marry. It’s not because none of them are as rich as he is, or as successful. It’s because everything about him is a lie. Ian is not a very nice person. Ian does not have a kind heart. Ian is a judgmental prick who only does things for his personal gain.

The brown haired thirty-year-old man had been constantly nagged by his own parents to find a life partner. He’s lucky enough to be given the chance to find his lucky lady, because if it were truly up to them, they would force him to marry someone of their choice.

He stands at the doorway of the café, which was filled with the hustle and bustle of the lunch hour. His body is graced with a very posh coat and tie getup along with a styled wavy hair. His six-foot tall, broad frame walked its way to the proper table where his date sat as she sipped on her drink.

“Hey, are you… Lily?” he asked thoughtfully as he neared the table. The woman looked up and flashed a bright smile as she stood up and held out a hand. Ian shook it. 

“Yeah,” she nodded. “And you’re the famous Ian Hart, the man all women long for,” she said shyly. 

Unknown to Lily, a look of sudden disgust flashed in Ian’s eyes. Lily was too short for her age. She was five feet and six inches tall with a ridiculously thin body and curly hair. She also sports glasses on her face that looked like it belonged to the previous generation.

What were my parents thinking? Did they actually believe I’d fall in love with a toothpick? And what’s with the grandma glasses? And that mole! Ian thought to himself as he stared at the pea-sized mole on the tip of her nose. 

Ian checked his time and realized that he hasn’t even been with this Lily person for longer than five minutes and he already can’t wait to leave. He didn’t know how he’d last the next fifty-five minutes of “hell”, but he still tried.

No words were exchanged between the two as they ate their lunch; both of them stared down at their food. Lily was desperately thinking of a topic for a conversation, but Ian’s foot started to bounce up and down in impatience. He only lasted 10 minutes before he quickly stood up without notice, causing Lily to snap her head up to meet his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Lily,” he pleaded with a fake apologetic expression; however, his words were sharp and blunt as ever. “But I think I’m wasting my time here,” he said in a low tone before he turned around and started to walk away.

“Wait!” Lily shouted in surprise. The man stopped half a step and turned around to face Lily. “Why are you wasting your time?”

“That’s exactly my question. What the hell am I doing here wasting my time?” Ian spat out.