rainy blues. ringo starr

The cold wind was harsh against your small form as you walked down the street to your best friend's flat. The skies were grey and it was supposed to rain, so you were trying to be fast. You of course didn't want to get wet, but you were also afraid of thunderstorms. You always were afraid of them since you were a child. The loud claps of thunder and the flashes of lightning absolutely terrified you.

You crossed the street hastily, buttoning up your coat as you crossed. You were just coming from a club that evening, so you were dancing and having the time of your life without your coat friend. It was too bloody hot of course.

As you crossed the street, small droplets of water started to drip down from the grey skies above. Your eyes widened and you mentally started to panic, your pace quickening as you practically ran to your best friend's flat. It was getting closer and closer.. Ah finally! You made it!

You knocked on the door, messing around with your hair a bit to make it look any bit nicer. Your best friend, who I forgot to mention was the one and only Ringo Starr, answered the door and brought you inside. His eyes were bright and cheerful like usual and he smiled his goofy little smile that you had grown to adore.

You smiled back at your short drummer friend and unbuttoned your coat, hanging it up. His flat was small and cozy. There were windows everywhere, along with lights. The place was like a mini Sun, it was that bright.

Ringo smiled at you. "So, how was your day?" He asked you as he wandered into the kitchen, making you and him both a mug of hot chocolate.

You sighed and were just getting comfortable now. The rain was falling harder now, making you tense. "It was alright.." You called back as you took off your shoes. "How was yours?" You asked in return, walking into the kitchen.

Ringo turned to look at you. "Oh, it was great. The boys and I recorded a new song that we think is going to be a real hit record." He smiled again, wiping his hands on the kitchen towel. He leaned against the counter.

"Is it another love song, without you singing?" You asked jokingly, chuckling.

Ringo laughed, shaking his head. "Actually I am singing it! It's about love though.."

"O'Really? What's it called..?" You asked, guessing it was a cover or something of that sort.

"I Wanna Be Your Man," Ringo replied simply, "We sold it to the Rolling Stones though," He added, peeking over your shoulder to look outside.

A loud clap of thunder crackled, causing you to jump and squeaking out of fright. You instantly covered your face, causing Ringo to frown in worry. He knew about your fear of thunderstorms since you two literally knew each other since you were eleven.

Ringo sat up a bit and brought you in a hug. His arms felt safe and comforting to your now shaking body. You buried your face in his chest and kept squeaking and shaking at every clap of thunder that sounded.

"Hey, hey, it's alright, love," Ringo said, trying to comfort you. You wasn't necessarily the best at doing it, but he at least tried. He lifted your chin to make you look at him.

Your eyes were brimmed with tears and you looked frightened. "Richie, I'm scared.." You said, sniffling a bit.

"You're safe, love, there's nothing to be afraid of," Ringo reassured her. "I've got you, the boys got you, we will make sure that you are safe at all times, love," He said sincerely to her. You sniffled again and rubbed your nose. A loud clap of thunder sounded, causing you to start crying and burying your face back in his chest.

Ringo sighed quietly and held you close, rubbing your back in a comforting circular motion. "It's alright, Y/n," He reassured you again. He tried his best to comfort you. Your crying soon started to calm down and you were back to square one, sniffling and squeaking.

Ringo let go of you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder, leading you to the living room. You sat down and Ringo ran to his room to get you a blanket to cuddle with.

Another clap of thunder sounded, causing Ringo to move faster back to the living room. He swaddled you in the blanket before going back into the kitchen to get your hot chocolate. He came back a couple seconds later with the warm liquid, setting it down on one of the coasters on the coffee table.

You sniffled and slowly sat up, picking up the mug and taking a sip of the liquid. You were honestly surprised that you didn't burn your tongue. "T-Thanks, Richard," You said, looking at him and smiling softly in thanks. "I appreicate it."

Ringo smiled back at you in a friendly manner as he sat down next to you. "Of course." He said, nodding and cuddling his own blanket. He started to rub your back again as you cuddled up against him and drank your hot chocolate. By now, your sniffling stopped and so did your squeaking. The thunderstorm still roared on, but it didn't seem to affect you at all now that your attention was focused on Ringo. You and him both felt safe and comfortable in each other's presence.

**sorry it was super late when i wrote this