Scene 11: Tremountain

PASTOR WEISS: Theophile, they must be alive.

THEOPHILE: I have searched everywhere I could look. I cannot see them. Pastor, if they survived, don't you think we might have found them by now?

PASTOR WEISS: Where is your faith?

THEOPHILE: I still have it. Now if they are alive, then I am certain they will show themselves to us. If not... (looks away from Pastor Weiss) I am not sure if I can bear to tell Horatio that he has lost his whole family. 

PASTOR WEISS: Let us pray that it will not come to that. (looks around, then spots Anna) Praise God it will not come to that. (Walks towards Anna, Theophile follows Pastor Weiss) Anna Spafford. Praise the Lord you are alive. (Anna is silent and does not look at Pastor Weiss or Theophile) Anna, can you hear me? It is Pastor Weiss and Theophile Lorraiux. 

THEOPHILE: Do you need anything? (Anna is still silent, then Theophile looks at Pastor Weiss) She must be in shock. 

ANNA: I am not.

PASTOR WEISS: Your children. Anna, where are your daughters? 

ANNA: (still avoids eye contact with Pastor Weiss and Theophile) God gave me four daughters. Now they have been taken away from me. One day I shall understand why. I will understand why. (Pastor Weiss shakes his head with tears in his eyes. Theophile looks at Anna with tears in his eyes as well)