Scene 8: Harbor of the Ville du Havre

(countless people are getting aboard the Ville du Havre)

HORATIO: (with Anna who is holding Tanetta in her arms, Annie, Maggie Lee, and Bessie) I love you all so much.

ALL THE GIRLS: Love you too, Father! 

ANNA: And I love you, my precious, Horatio. I shall let Pastor Weiss and Theophile know you send them your best wishes as well. 

HORATIO: Thank you, Anna. 

TANETTA: I will miss you, Father.

HORATIO: (smiles, then kisses Tanetta on the cheek) I will miss you too, precious, Tanetta. 

ANNIE: I honestly wish you could join us, Father.

MAGGIE LEE: I agree.

BESSIE: Are you sure you do not want to miss the meeting and be with us?

HORATIO: I know I must leave you behind. Believe me, I would rather be with my family than attend the meeting. Please understand, I am attending this meeting for the future of this family. Do you understand?

ANNIE, MAGGIE LEE, and BESSIE: Yes, Father. 

HORATIO: I hope you all do not depart without giving your father a hug. (Annie, Maggie Lee, and Bessie hug their father) I wish you all safe travels. (let's go of his children, holds Tanetta for a moment, then gives Tanetta back to Anna)

ANNA: I shall see you in a few more weeks. 

HORATIO: Of course. (smiles, Horatio and his family walk away from each other for a moment, but they look back at each other and Horatio waves at his family, his family waves back, then they go their separate ways)