V. - Seven.

Chace DuCarter walked along the hallway to attend his class. Two weeks passed since the argument with Cihangir Callaghan. His friend Duke was standing by the door, waiting for him.

Duke Hart was trouble, Chace couldn't recall how many times he got in trouble because of him and his temper. He was such a pain in the ass. He was so reckless and unpredictable but Chace never bailed on him for the sake of their friendship. They grew up together, they attended their first classes together and they will definitely graduate together. Despite his quick temper, Duke never abandoned Chace, he always stood by him, he always defended him when it was needed and he even got into fights with people he didn't know for him. They shared a rare friendship that was competition-free; they never argued about a girl and they even had a pact of brotherhood; never let each other down because of a female.

"Hey man", Duke greeted giving him a bro hug. "What's up?", Chace asked looking around. He spotted Heidi across the hallway, all smiles. He kept looking at her, oblivious of the people around him. Good Lord, this woman was so beautifully put together. Her eyes were glittering green, they would look at you in such class and sophistication and make you feel insignificant. Her blond curls were falling on her shoulders in effortless grace. Elegance was something she had in her; she was a child of good birth and she made sure it would remain that way. He didn't know if he was thinking this about her just because he was so into her or because it was true, but all reasons aside, he wanted this girl to the the moon and back.

"Chace!", Duke's voice said in contempt and he slightly nudged him. "Stupid mode activated", he ironically spat glancing at Heidi, who was three feet away from them. Of course, she wasn't alone. Her friends Sady Matthews, Carolina Swann and Mystery Middleton were with her. They all looked so desirably hot but there's no way the runner-ups would dethrone the queen. Some girls gathered around them and Duke talked to them, saving the day but Chace didn't hear them. He didn't even feel one of the girl's hand on his chest. His eyes were focused on one creature only, and that was Heidi Grace Montgomery. But he knew; she wouldn't pay attention to him like the hundred times she passed him by without a look. This day was going to be long and frustrating, he just felt it. Heidi was the only person who could tear his self-esteem in seconds. He didn't understand why, though. He was a good looking man and girls would die to have him, so why not her? Was it because of Thunder? He didn't think so; those two broke up three years ago. Maybe she just didn't like him, which was such a blow to his ego.

"Chace?", a feminine voice asked in a seductive voice. The man rolled his eyes, impatient. Those girls never took a hint! Looking down in annoyance, he was surprised to see Heidi standing next to him. Okay, this was weird. What was she doing here?

"Heidi..", his words trailed off after seconds - or minutes? - of silence as he continued to look at her, astonished. He didn't know what else to say, so he awkwardly continued to stare at her. Her full lips parted on a smile as she got closer to him.

"Would you like to have coffee after school?", she demanded, flirtatiously touching his shoulder. Something stroked him right away. An uninterested look painted on his face as his thoughts raced; her hand was as cold as her heart. She never paid him attention, so why now? He couldn't help but remember Heidi was one of the typical Stonecrest Lake's it girls and a total bitch too, so chances were high that she needed something. Suddenly, all the pain and the rejection he had to put up with during those long three years turned into a storm of irritation and indignaiton. A man was always a man no matter what, and men were predestined to have such an ego and to prefer it upon love or girls.

"I have practice after school", he coldly answered as a detached expression climbed his face. He saw Duke's eyes widen before he have him the "what-the-hell" look. Chace's eyes focused on Heidi who was surprised but she quickly hid it with a smile.