eleven

eleven

They somehow ended up laying along the couch, arms and legs tangled together. Fire laid semi on top of Harry, her arms tucked by his sides as one of his arms was wrapped around her shoulders, the free arm raised towards the TV so he could flip channels.

Fire felt herself dozing off occasionally, comforted by the warmth Harry's body gave off. She would close her eyes before her eyelids opened quickly moments later. Eventually, Harry moved his hand down to the small of her back, rubbing his hand up and down gently.

"Harry," she mumbled into his chest. "Stop. You're making me sleepy."

He laughed softly at how much younger and childlike Fire seemed when she was tired. "Go to sleep, babe."

Fire smiled, her eyes closed. She felt her heart beat faster as the nickname fell from his lips. "Babe?" she teased and she felt him press his lips against the top of her head and smile.

"Babe," he confirmed and continued running his hand up and down her back.

She yawned quietly and he moved his hand up to her hair, sliding his fingers into the dyed strands repeatedly. "Sleep," he said softly and soon her breathing grew steady as she fell asleep on top of him.

~

Fire woke up alone on the couch. She was on her side, her head lying on one of her hands. The other was resting right by her stomach. She blinked a few times, erasing the blurriness, before she stretched, groaning.

She sat up, feeling that the tips of her hair in big knots. She ran her hand through her hair, attempting to pull out the knots, wincing. Her eyes scanned the empty candy boxes and soda bottles lying across the coffee table. Her lips curved up in a smile as she recalled their movie night and how it had ended with him calling her babe.

Fire made a split second decision to take off her sweatshirt, considering that she was practically sweating Niagara Falls in it. She let out a sigh of relief when the cool air hit her bare arms because of the tank top she was in.

Fire stretched once more before standing up, legs wobbling. She steadied herself before making her way to the kitchen. She stood in the doorway, silent, watching as Harry bustled about in the kitchen. He had on a white tank top and a pair of black gym shorts, which hung low on his hips. Fire bit her lip as he reached for a plate in the cupboard, his tank top riding up to reveal his v-line and a tattoo in cursive.

She shook her head to clear any approaching dirty thoughts before clearing her throat. "Hey."

Harry startled, whirling around to face her. "Hey. You're up."

"Nah, I'm just sleepwalking," she replied sarcastically, in a good natured way. She walked into the kitchen and sat on one of the island stools, spinning around to watch Harry.

"You sleep well?" Harry asked, his back facing her as he mixed something on the stove.

"Mhmm," she replied, transfixed on his back and broad shoulders, admiring the way his shoulder blades protruded as he moved.

He turned around, making her avert her eyes. His hands held two plates, both loaded with delicious smelling food. Harry placed a plate in front of her, then handed her some silverware. He set his plate across from her and sat so he could look directly at her.

"You like it?" he asked, almost nervously, after she had taken a few bites.

"Yeah, this is really good," she complimented and he smiled, looking down at his food.

"I'm glad you like it."

They ate in silence for a few minutes, the only sound in Harry's apartment being the clinking of silverware against plates.

"So." Harry broke the silence, swallowing his last bit of food. Fire looked up at him questioningly, raising her eyebrows. "We don't know anything about each other." He stood from his seat and went to the sink, placing his dirty dishes in. He grabbed a mug, pouring coffee in for himself before making his way to the fridge and pulling out a can of Arizona tea.

"Yes, and?" Fire prompted him to continue, not noticing the beverage that he held. He took his coffee, sipping it, before sitting down again, the tea in his lap, hidden from her view.

"I think we should get to know each other," he said simply and Fire groaned.

"Not these. The twenty questions game, I hate that so much. I always feel like I'm being interviewed."

"Come on," Harry whined, making Fire roll her eyes. "It'll be good for both of us. You learn about me, I learn about you."

Fire shook her head and Harry sighed. Slowly, he brought up the tea from his lap, placing it on the counter. His hand slowly pushed it towards Fire as she looked up, her eyes widening. She put down her fork, staring at the tea in awe.

"For me?"

Harry nodded and she reached for it eagerly, frowning when he pulled it back. "Only if we play the questions game."

Fire gave him a blank look. "Really," she said monotonously and Harry smiled smugly.

Fire stared at him for a few moments, her eyes flickering to the can quickly. Harry felt amused as she finally sighed in frustration, looking up at the ceiling. "Fine." Harry handed her the can of tea, which she took happily. "What do you want to know?"