six

[art by hxrnyharold]

six

"D-do you want to go out to dinner tonight?"

Fire stopped, hearing Harry ask the question. "Uh."

He wasn't asking her. She had just come into the Mini Mart, ten minutes after Harry's shift had begun. Harry stood at his lane, mumbling the question. As Fire looked, there was no one there, which meant Harry was talking to himself.

"May I take you out to dinner?" Harry said before shaking his head. "No, that sounds so formal. Stupid."

Fire watched, her feelings a mixture of jealousy and excitement. Who was he planning to ask out? Was it her?

"Would you want to-" Harry began again, but Fire stopped him.

"Hey, Harry," she called. "Where's my greeting?" She grinned.

Harry whirled around to face her. "Oh. Fire, uh. H-hi. Hey." Harry stammered his sentence out, stumbling over the words.

Fire began walking over to Harry, then stood in front of him. The little counter where customers could lay their money/credit cards/wallets on separated them. Fire crossed her arms and laid them on the small counter, leaning towards Harry.

"What time do you get off of work today?"

"Sunday shift so...three."

"Cool. Now I know what time to come on what days."

"I don't know why you're spending time with me," Harry blurted out, immediately wishing he hadn't said anything.

"Because you're interesting," Fire replied, raising an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I hang out with you? Oh, by the way, I need your number. And you need mine."

Fire was blunt, with no shame at all. She wasn't one to beat around the bush with that coy, girly shit. If she needed or wanted something, she let you know immediately.

Harry fumbled for his phone, fingers shaking slightly as he handed her his unlocked phone. She handed him hers and they both added their numbers before giving the phones back.

Fire went off to grab her tea and came back, paying for it. As she made her way out of the store, Harry called, "Hey, Fire?"

Fire turned. "Yeah?"

"I, uh." Harry turned his phone between his slender fingers continuously, nervously. "I was wondering, would you wanna go out to dinner with me tonight?"

Fire smiled, her heart speeding up a small bit. "Sure. Text me the details."