End

11:46 p.m. June 7 Day 13:

            I continue wandering amongst the smoke. I hear parts of the castle falling but no screams. Luc still hasn’t shown back up since he slipped away from me. So with nothing better to do, I creped along the wall feeling and listening for anything; danger or not.

            I hear foot steps up ahead; I quicken my pace, and turn at the corn to come to a complete stop.

            One more step and I would be dead, the castle is really falling. That one step would lead to falling out of the castle to the ground that’s miles away through the clouds. I gulp glancing down suddenly becoming dizzy. My eye roll back as my body falls.

            Before I even hit the floor, arms encircle my body catching me holding my weight and keeping me from falling out of the castle. I try to force my eyes to look at my savor but they won’t listen to my brain and stay rolled back. I can only see light, bright light blinding me.

            “I have you, Onyx. No need to worry now.” A strange voice says a voice I’ve never heard spoken before.

            I feel my body being lifted up off the ground and the stranger holding me turns to only to growl. Growl?

            “Release her now!” that sounds like Luc, he sounds so demanding.

            The person holding me tightens their hold on me and snickers. “You think I would let the princess go when she is the key. You, Luc, have no right to take her soul. I’m going to rectify but happen all those years ago.”

            “You can’t do that she belongs to me. She has already gave herself to me.” He was cut-off.

            “I already know this and it sickens me that I have to save her again.” I feel the stranger take steps back away from Luc. I squirm not wanting to be away from Luc when I know he is only a few feet away. “Shhh, there, there Onyx. Everything will be fine soon.” He coos in my ear.

            “No! Onyx!” I hear Luc cry out as I feel a gush of wind hit my face.

            I pry my eyes open to only see clouds passing my vision as I fall through them. I struggle against the strange holding me to them. I yell out digging my nails into their skin breaking away.

            “Luc!” I yell out up to him hoping he can hear my cries.

            “He won’t save you. This is your destiny, Onyx. You fall in love with a demon to only die for them…” I push against the air turning my body around to see the strange for once. “but long as you don’t give up your life for them you can keep on coming back. You get a second chance every time.”

            According to his words when I hit the ground I will be rencardinated but knowing all of this and that this has been happening for centuries. I don’t know if I can live knowing I can be brought back to life later in the day. The idea let only scares me. When I die I want to stay dead.

            I shake my head fiercely, “no I won’t come back this time. I will die for Luc because with me dead for good then I don’t have to worry about him looking for me and having to protect me from people who wanted me dead in the first place.” I pause catching my breath to scream out to the clouds, “I am dying for Luc!”

            My voice echo and travel up into the clouds not knowing if it reached his ears or not I won’t find out ever.

            I fell through the sky closing my eyes as I could feel the ground was close. I hear the clock chime, 12:00, midnight. The next day is here. And with that my life ended for good. My last thoughts “I love you, Luc forever even with my time falling to an end.”