Doomed into Darkness - 16

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Serene's P.O.V

Present

                                                                          ~~~

It felt like time froze around us and the surroundings disappeared. My mind hazy and my vision blurry with unshed tears.

Tears of pain. Tears of my past. Tears of all the pent up anger and hurt.

I never thought my faith would be broken, and it would break me. Seeing Colton before my eyes right now, brought back the whirlpool of emotions, drowning me and I feel like suffocating. Emotionally and physically. 

Lost in my thoughts and pain from my heart constricting against my rib cage, everything happens to fast I forgot I was breathing. Colton takes his hands off my mouth and I breathe in as much cool air as possible. It burns my nose and lungs.

One of the drunk men comes near us, baring his teeth at Colton, whose ready to pounce. His sinister laughter resonates in my ears and I cower away into the cold, rough brick wall. Colton throws a first punch at the man, making him stumble back in pain. He curses and holds onto his eye, the drunk fucker is distracted and looking down so Colton swings another punch, right through his nose.

I hear a barely audible crunch either coming from Colton's knuckles or the drunkard's nose. Making him fall to the ground. Another guy comes at Colton, trying to be the hero but one of the guy pulls him away, knowing Colton will kick their asses, when they are not in a stable condition. So they all take off like a bullet.

Or so I thought until, I feel a dull, aching pain spread through my skull, like a bunch of tiny knifes pierce through the tenderness of my scalp. My breathe left me in a whoosh, feeling my trachea closing and It feels like its being twisted and my lungs swelling inside of me. Making my body go numb.

A searing siren like pain go through my temples, repeatedly. My vision immediately blurs, fading the panic and horror look of Colton's face, as well as his noises. The pain is so intense making everything around me move slowly. Darkness taking over and I feel my heart beat slowing down but its so painfully audible in my ears.

My knees hit the pavement and I fall limp in his arms, I choke on my breathing and the last thing I felt was cold, thick blood running down my nose. I was clinging onto something, refusing to go into darkness, the panic making it harder to stay awake.

Colton's P.O.V

The clinging noise of the metal hitting against the pavement gets my attention, my heart skipping multiple beats when I witnessed the lifeless eyes of Serene's, that is still ingrained in my head. Her eyes widen in pain and her face paled as she tries hard to breathe. I thought I lost her then and there. Drunk, pissed off fucker hit her with the metal pipe in the head, and he runs away.

I try to run as fast I could on my powerless legs, but I quickly caught Serene's limp body in my arms before she completely hit the pavement.

Red, hot anger coursed through my body, I was debating on laying her on the ground and go after that fucker and kill him with my bare hands but I knew I couldn't leave her. She was gasping in my arm, and choking on air.

Her body was cold and she felt like a feather in my arms. Her familiar warm smell cascaded me, making me bring her closer to my chest. I inhale her smell, the longing for her brings tear to my eyes. I grab her chilled, hand in my hands, holding them tight.  I notice it has no ring in it.