Chapter One

April 16th

Eadlyn:

"Happy Birthday Eadlyn and Ahren!" Mom exclaimed pulling us into a hug.

"Thanks, Mom," Ahren said smiling.

Dad walked up and laced his hand into Mom's smiling, but something was off. Mom glanced at Dad who gave her a nod.

Mom took a deep breath. "We would like to give you your gift now, before the guests start to arrive for the party."

"Ok..." I said, suspecting something would be different with this gift.

"You can choose what you want from us, together of course, and it must be within reason. That is our gift," Dad told us.

Ahren and I looked at each other, instantly knowing what we both wanted. "What is the story of your Selection, the non-sugar-coated one?" Ahren asked.

America:

They looked at each other, deciding what they wanted, instantly.

"What is the story of your Selection, the non-sugar-coated one?" Ahren asked.

Maxon and I looked at each other, speechless.

"Whose perspective?" he asked, turning back to the twins.

"Both, if possible. And, can Osten and Kaden join?" Eadlyn said, eyeing the look.

"I don't see why not. I'll go get them" Maxon said, taking off and leaving me to start.

"Let's take a seat over here, shall we? This will take a while..." I said pulling them to a couch. We waited a couple minutes for Kaden, Osten, and Maxon to come. I turned toward the sound of shoes coming down the hall, definitely more than 3 people. Besides Maxon, Kaden, and Osten, there were two other people, coming to see the show.

So what do you think so far? I just had this idea, and I planned on waiting for Eadlyn and Ahren's birthday to submit it, but I got too excited I guess... Give me your thoughts! Don't worry, I am still doing The Prince (The Selection Maxon POV). If you havn't read it, please do! Happy New Year!

-theselectionseriesfan