Chapter 31

I quickly ran out of the bedroom, trying to find Sarah in the quiet house. Most of the people there were all ready gone, and with the house being so huge, it was nearly impossible to find her. My phone was in the bag that my old clothes were in, so I quickly headed to the bathroom and searched for it. As I looked, I couldn't find it. I searched everywhere. Then I looked behind me... it was hanging on the back of the door as I pulled it out and noticed my nearly dead battery.

I quickly dialed Sarah's number as I mumbled come on, Sarah. Pick up your god damn phone. My phone started beeping at me as I screamed at it, "I know you're dying. Shut the fuck up!" My head started to pound as I crouched over in pain slightly.

"Hello?" Sarah asked with a giggle.

"Sarah! I need you to come to the bathroom where we changed."

"Alright. Mmm... give me five minutes." She quickly hung up as I took off the dress and slipped on my old clothes, putting the dress back in the bag.

I grabbed my necklace, putting it on and touching it, then raised it up to my lips. "I love you guys, so much. I really wish you were still here." I paced back and fourth, waiting for her to come into the bathroom. A million things ran through my mind. Everything from trying to remember everything last night to Jack to the kids.

Was Alex sober?

Did Alex know it was me?

What if Jack finds out?

Will Jack find out?

What happened last night?

Would this still have happened if I was pregnant?

Then doubt set in.

I did nothing wrong.

I didn't kiss Alex.

That was powdered sugar that went up my nose.

All the rooms were taken and since we all knew each other, we decided to crash together.

This wasn't a party. Just a small get together.

Nothing. Happened. With. Alex. Nothing.

Sarah finally walked in as she smiled, running her fingers through her hair. "What's up Em?"

"I want to go home. Now."

"What's wrong? You seem... pissed."

"I am fucking pissed. I'd rather not talk about it. I just... I want to go home to Jack!"

"Alright, alright. Let me get dressed and we can head out. Need some sugar to calm you down?"

"No, I don't want your fucking sugar. I want to see my boyfriend. Please."

"All right," she said, slipping on her shirt as she grabbed her bag and we headed out to her car. We put our clothes in the trunk, then got in the car and drove off. The sun was rising as I just shook my head, taking a cigarette and smoking it quickly. I had nothing to say to Sarah, and I'm sure she knew how pissed off I was at her. None the less, the car ride back home was awkward.

She finally pulled into the driveway as I looked to her and sighed, "Do you have an extra pack of cigarettes?" Sarah tossed me the one pack I grabbed my last one from as she smiled to me. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem. I have to get more anyway. I'll call you!"

"Hey," I said before I got out.

"Yeah?"