Chapter Five, Meeting the Blacks

Harry sat in one of the more comfortable armchairs in the fully cleaned Drawing Room, his legs not even hanging off the edge of the chair as he waited for Sirius to come back as he had taken their lunch plates down to the kitchen five minutes ago. Suddenly something in the corner of the room caught Harry's eye. The fire had just suddenly turned emerald-green instead of the Amber that had been there a few seconds ago. A few minutes later a wizened old man stepped out of the fire place. Harry looked at the stranger with a terrified look on his young face. He was wishing that Sirius was back in the room by now or better yet that Sirius had taken Harry with him. The stranger looked around the room, and noticed Harry was in the room and stared at him for a few seconds, which seemed like hours to Harry, before he started walking towards Harry which snapped Harry out of this shock causing him to start screaming for Sirius.

"Sirius, Sirius, Sirius, SIRIUS!" Harry screamed tears rolling down his face as the stranger kept walking closer towards him. The door of the Drawing room burst open expelling a flushed and panting Sirius, his wand pointing straight out in front of him. Sirius took one look around the room and noticed that his Godson was crying in the chair that he had left him in, he then noticed the old man who had not taken his eyes off of Harry and was still walking towards him. Sirius strode purposefully towards the chair, standing in front of it blocking the man's view of Harry. He picked Harry up and cradled him close to his chest and turned to face the intruder his wand pointing directly at the man's heart as he kept a firm grip on his sobbing godson. "What're you doing here?" Sirius snarled.

"Is that anyway to treat your grandfather, Sirius?" the old man sneered.

"I will ask you again Pollux. What're you doing here?" Sirius snapped glaring at his grandfather.

"I could ask you the same question. You hated living here and now your back, but then again it makes the best place to hide when you're on the run especially with all the charms your father, Orion put on this house. But I suppose some of them are weakening now. But I thought this would be the last place you'd come too, I heard about you escaping Azkaban in The Daily Prophet and now I see you've taken the Boy Who Li..."

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL HIM THAT! HIS NAME IS HARRY!" Sirius roared at his grandfather but he instantly regretted it when he felt Harry flinch against him and start shaking with renewed sobs.

"Shh. It's alright Harry. Shh it's alright I'm sorry for shouting. I'm not angry at you Harry." Sirius soothed his distraught godson. "I'll never hurt you Harry."

"P-promise?" Harry asked in a very small voice that Sirius barely heard even with his enhanced hearing. "I promise you Harry I will NEVER hurt you and I promise I won't let anyone else hurt you either." Sirius said lovingly. For a few minutes Sirius stood in silence hugging Harry to his chest to calm them both down but the moment was broken by Pollux. "Fine. I won't call him that snapped Pollux. "Why do you have him anyway?" he asked curiously.