Remembering Your Face - Chapter 1

Jack

I sighed as Weightless came to a close and Rian, Zack, and me were starting to head backstage while Danny, Grieco, and Colussy helped us out and stuff as Alex stays on stage still as he was going to slow it down with Remembering Sunday. I honestly hate when we gotta slow things down. I don't know, I mean, I guess I just hate having to be calm and have my energy turned down. I'm someone who's constantly active, obviously if you've seen old stuff about All Time Low when we just started out. I love being crazy like I was. I get bored easily, you see. And I get bored pretty fast. So as to avoid any boredom whatsoever, I just act out and do whatever that would be able to distract me from reality. I hate being told to grow up. When I am told that, I just act out even more. I annoy people on purpose. I show them that they can't make me grow up. I might grow old but I will never grow up. Not Jack Barakat, unh-uh.

Remembering Sunday is such a depressing song to be honest. It brings me down so much. The lyrics are great, of course, but it's just sad. I also just don't get the point of being in love with somebody and chasing after them when they're going away. They're gone. Let it go. Move on. That's how it works, doesn't it? I guess you can say I don't want to ever be in love myself. Okay, yeah, I dated Holly Madison ... I thought I really liked her, and I thought she really liked me, but in the end, we both knew it wasn't anything serious. It was almost always weird and awkward between us when we'd both be around each other. I honestly didn't know what to do half the time. I'm not a romantic person. I'm not exactly a loving person either. Relationship-wise though. ... I'll admit it, I'm addicted to just the sex. I hate commitment. I enjoy being a free guy and doing whatever the hell I wanted. I'm not someone you want to be serious with. I just hate being expected to have a serious and realistic outlook on the rest of the world.

Anyway, who could actually love me? Well, there's a whole million girls out there that claim they love me and all these other things. It's kind of scary sometimes. Though most of the time I'm flattered.

Though the real question here is, will I ever fall in love for real?

I grinned as I grabbed a water bottle from the cooler. Fuck that shit. I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. I'm perfectly fine the way I am now. Zack and Rian are talking about something but I'm hardly paying any mind to them. They think I have ADHD or something. Eh, let 'em think what they want.

"Jack, didn't you hear us?" Rian asked me apparently for the fourth time.

I finally acknowledged him with a dreamy stare. "Yes, Rian sweetheart? What is it?" The sarcasm in my voice isn't totally detected. Probably because I never really talk seriously. Except maybe when a situation is serious ... even though I'd probably be a dumbass and fuck it up by trying to lighten things up.

Zack rolled his eyes as he was wrung out his shirt tightly, sweat dripping like a tap left on. Sometimes I hated the guy. He's not a douche for never saying anything, but his silence can be depressing. ... Then again it would be weird having a chatterbox Zack around. Rian dismissed my sarcastic remark and continues with, "Dude, get your head out of the clouds. Remember you're starting the Meet & Greet when we're done."

Lovely.

I don't hate Meet and Greets but just lately, fans, I mean girls mostly, just are into it to flirt and stuff. They're not even paying attention to Vinny at the merch tables or tents, and he's always seeming eager to be a bit of a creep and flirt with girls himself. Anyway, most girls aren't even into the music. And the way they dress, they can be baby prostitutes -- Mean Girls quote intended. There used to be fans from every band that were just into supporting the music and spreading our music around. I wish I could go back to the days when it was super fun and I didn't always fake a smile. But we can't always have what we want in this world. I put on my best grin. "Sweet, maybe I should shave my pubes or something in the meantime. One of you two can help pluck my nose hairs and eyebrows" Yeah, I talk gross, but all part of the act of immaturity.

Zack gave me a weird look. "You probably will anyway, I don't doubt it." he said as he makes his way to the bathroom.

Rian rolled his eyes now. "You know Jack already, Zack. It's not something surprising anymore."

Geez, I wanted to get out of here. Get up and leave for somewhere into the city .... fall in love with the placee .... I wanted to laugh at Rian and Zack. They swear they think they know me, no matter how long we've stuck together. They don't half of it.

Alex, please ... hurry it up with this song, I pleaded.

Remembering Sunday is a painful song alright. And lengthy.