one

Ophelia was (and to the students of Hogwarts), and had always appeared to be a typical shy book nerd. The only people who could squeeze a response out of her were the teachers, and even they had to push it. Her nose always seemed to be in a book, usually from the muggle section. Her only acquaintance seemed to be Madam Pince, and their conversation seemed to be purely book based. No one knew who she was where she came from, and most people didn't even know what her voice sounded like.

By fourth year, Ophelia was an entrancing mystery, particularly to the Marauders. She could shut herself off with the blink of an eye, and her face was always impossible to read. She was the kind of girl who could slip out of a room unnoticed by anyone. Until something happened and Ophelia's deepest, darkest secrets were spilled.

Her mask would would be removed, her pain would be revealed, her secrets would be spilled and Ophelia's life would take a dramatic turn for the worse.

And none of it would have happened if it weren't for Remus Lupin.

He had always been there to Ophelia. Just like all the other students of Hogwarts, Remus was nothing special to Ophelia. She had more monstrous things on her mind than boys and friends and love. She was the simple bookworm. Until you messed with her. She was also the most feared student in the school. She had hospitalized three students in St. Mungos because they tried to cheat off of her. She had sent countless people to the Hogwarts infirmary. She was either a legend, or your worst nightmare. Even some of the teachers seemed to be afraid of her. All while looking plain, innocent, and bookish.

She was a mystery to the marauders. And she was a mystery that they intended to uncover.