Chapter Five

Amelia's P.O.V

I woke up feeling just as tired compared to when I went to bed. It felt like I  was having a sleep hangover. I sat up And rubbed the crud from my eyes. Everything was such a blur, my eyes wouldn't focus. My brother came into my room And jumped onto the bed. "What do you want," I said with a raspy morning voice.

"Mom says you need to get out if bed now. Oh, And some boy  called for you." He knew this why?

"Who was the boy? And why are you answering my calls!" my voice rised as I hit him with my pillow. He simply shrugged And threw it on the floor.

"I don't remember the name. But whatever get up," he got off my bed. I started to mock him. He hated when I did that so he turned around And stuck his tongue out at me And slammed the door shut. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard our mother yell at him for it. He is such a pest.

I slid my phone out from underneath my pillow to see if I had any new messages. Two from Maria, one missed call from Cam, which is who probably called the house, and...a text from Jay. I decided I would leave that one for last. I opened Maria's texts and gasped at what I read.

"They're done!" The text read. I stared at my phone confused. I read the text over a few times before simply responding with "what are you talking about?" I waited a few moments to see if she would respond but she didn't. I got out of bed and threw on my tee-shirt and jeans before heading downstairs.

My mom was at the counter when I came downstairs. "Good morning, sweetie. Sleep well? Someone called for you," she gestured toward the phone. I nodded; I figured I already knew who it was."I need to be getting off to work and your brother is going down the street to play with friends. If you need anything call. Oh, and make Sure your brother remembers to bring his jacket with. It's a bit chilly," she grabbed her keys and kissed my brother and I on top of our heads before leaving. Once she left I looked at my brother and rolled my eyes.

I grabbed the phone and scrolled through the recent calls. I didn't recognize any of the numbers, which was strange. It couldn't have been too important. It's not like Jay ever calls my house, and I dont recall ever giving Cam my number.

My cell buzzed in my pocket when Maria finally responded. When I opened the message I covered my mouth and stared at the screen mindlessly. I wasn't in the middle for jokes.

Jay's P.O.V  

I'm not Sure what I'm supposed to feel at the moment. Do I miss Bobbie? Of course. But it just wasn't what I was looking for. Every time Amelia is around I get some weird surge through me. I don't exactly want to say I love her, but then I'd be lying to myself. She's always the one by my side and she's so sweet, caring..beautiful. But Bobbie was always there,too. Maybe not in the supportive way I needed but she was still there. I want to tell Amelia everything but I'm nervous she won't feel the same.

I step ever Danial who was sound asleep on my bedroom floor. I have to admit, hes pretty cute when hes in such a relaxing state. I search around on the top of my desk in search of my keys, praying to not knock anything over and wake Danial. Last thing I need is to play twenty questions with him about where I'm going. I finally find my keys and spin around to leave the room when I bump into my dresser,causing all the CD's I had on top of it come crashing down.Damnit!

I glance over my shoulder and see Danial has only stirred a bit to roll onto his side, kicking the back of my foot. I let out a sigh of relief. I reach the door and open it slowly so it doesn't creak too loud. I'm halfway out the door when I hear-

"Where Are you going? Danial says with a groggy voice.

You've got to be kidding me right now. "A drive."

"Okay, but why?"

I bite my tongue so I don't come off as rude, even though it's normally expected from me at such an early hour in the morning.

"Spill it, Jay. Whats on your mind?" He struggles to sit up and stretch.

"Nothing. Why Are you and Amelia always asking me what wrong? Nothing is wrong!" My voice started to rise.

"I didn't ask what was wrong, I asked what was on your mind. By asking whats on your mind it can be either good or bad. Asking What's wrong is setting it up for the bad. But now that I see you're getting defensive, somethings wrong. I'd you don't mind me asking, what is it?"

I'm just about to open my mouth and speak when he opens his mouth again.

"No, you know what? Is this all because I ate the last piece of pizza and beat you in video games last night? I'm sorry. Its just that you were so caught up in your phone so I took the chance. I never beat you And-"

"It's fine,buddy. I'm not worried about that I could careless. But I have enough on my plate now so it doesn't bother me you ate the last piece. My plates a little full and I don't know how much room I have left. Go back to sleep." I turn off the light and watch his silhouette nod in agreement.

I reach the driveway and sit down in my car. Before I pull out I check my phone one last time to see if Amelia ever respond. Nothing.