Chapter Four

AMELIAS P.O.V

 I waited around all night waiting to see if Jay would return my call. With every minute that passed, I was beginning to loose hope. For all I know he couldve come to his senses and realized that it really was Bobbie that he loved. Maybe he finally understood that it would be better off with us just being friends. The thought tore me apart. It was leaving me cold and empty. It didnt seem like it was the right answer.

 It was getting late so i decided that i should get into bed. As I was walking upstairs to my room my phone started to ring, hoping it would be Jay. I looked at the screen only to read disappoiontment.

 "Hello?" It was Danial.

 "Hey Pal! How ya been?" he sounded awfully cheery. Although that wasnt a suprise.

 "Fine I guess. As for yourself?" I returned the question.

 "Oh ya know. A little bit of this and a little bit of that," Typical Danial.

 "Um, why are you calling so late. Not trying to sound rude but-" he cut me off.

 "What? A friend cant call their other friend at strange times of night and chat?" i could sense him grinning through the phone.

 "I wasnt born yesterday Danial. What is it?" i snapped.

 "Damn okay. Its about Jay," his voice became soft.

 "What about him?" I started to worry.

 "I was talking with him the other day. Whenever he would talk about Bobbie, he would accidently say your name and get everything mixed up. Is there something you need to tell me?"

 My cheeks began to flush as i felt them get warm. "Nope," was all I said.

 "Don't lie to me Amelia. I'm always able to figure these things out. I'm looking at his face right now and all you see is disappointment and misunderstood feelings. Whats happening?"

 "Look Danial, you're asking the worng person, okay? I don't know what's wrong with him. We don't talk much anymore..." my voice trailed.

 "You like him don't you. You're just scared to admit it."

 "Looks like you're not as good at this as you thought. Goodbye Danial and goodnight. Ask him why don't ya," I was just about to hang up when I heard Danial say something as I pulled the phone away from my ear.

 "He likes you too... he just don't know how to say it. He's mixed up. Goodnight Amelia." I didn't even respond to that last comment. I didn't know what I was supposed to say. I've waited too long to hear that be said. But the question is, do I believe it? He's always jumping from Bobbie to me and me to Bobbie.  Jesus Jay...

 I sat down on my bed and clicked on Jay's contact, debating if I should call him again and discuss this with him. Then I thought about what Danial said. Maybe he just wanted some space and think about it. Either way I knew he would would want Bobbie, so I don't know what I was waiting around for. I was wasting my time. I called Cam instead.

JAY'S P.O.V

I laid in bed and scrolled through mine and Amelias' past text messages. Every message containing a smiley face. I though about her sweet and delicate smile. She always said how she needed braces, but I thought it was cute. Maybe even perfect. I wish I had been there more. I'm slowly loosing her, and if I do, then i fear I won't be able get her back. Same with Bobbie. Why does this have to be so difficult? Im stuck in place.

I felt somewhat guilty for not answering her calls. It's not like she was doing anything wrong. nor was any of the drama really her fault. I just really need some space. but what if she takes it the wrong way? why are women so complicated. Sure Bobbie is here with me, but I feel more connected to Amelia with emotionally And mentally. I just dont have the words to be able to say it to her. And I definitely don't have to the heart to end it with Bobbie.

Danial was coming up the stairs so I clicked My Phone off And rolled over to pretend I was sleeping. I didn't feel like talking. My door creaked open a sliver.

"You awake?" he whispered. I tried to ignore him so I could fool him into thinking I was sleeping. that didn't last long. "I know you're awake Jay," he sighed, which I returned. "Just got off the Phone with Amelia," he stepped further into the room.

"So," I retorted.

"So I thought I would let you know. She really didn't say too much. she seemed a bit cranky. It's probably just because she's tired And stressed though. we bother know how she can be."

"Yeah... " I rolled over to look at Danial. "Did she say anything about me? or maybe even Cam?"

"Well, I brought you into topic. However, as soon as I did, she decided to leave for the night. But nothing was said about Cam."

Leaving when I'm brought into topic. I was losing her. I felt My heart leap into My throat while My stomach played twister, left foot red And right hand blue. Not only would I end up losing a girl I really care for, but I'm losing a best friend with every moment I waste.

"Thanks pal. if you don't mind, I'd like to get some sleep. I have a lot to take care of tomorrow."

"Sure thing. you know where to find me," he smiled. I watched as he walked out the room And shut the door with a thud. I grabbed My Phone And clicked it on to check for anymore messages before bed. when I turned it on, I stared wide eyed at the words on the screen.