Phone Calls

NOTE: ねごと Negoto meaning "Sleep talk."

................................................................................

Makoto: Please do note that this entire chapter is basically a random phone conversation.

Haru: Don't include me. I'll be with pool-chan for the rest of the episode.

Makoto: Haru, they're reading us.

Haru:....! Oh.

____________________________________________________

Ring! Ring! Makoto's cellphone went off in his pant pocket. Makoto was doing homework in his room when all of a sudden...

Makoto: Hello?

Nagisa: MAKO-CHAN! WHAT UP?!

Makoto: Ahaha... Nagisa, what's going on?

Nagisa: Rei-chan lost his glasses again and he was wondering if he could borrow yours for a few minutes! Can he?

Makoto: *sigh* Nagisa, I don't think Rei will agree with what you're saying. In fact, you're making stuff up. Plus, my gaming glasses aren't for "homework" use. Gaming, Nagisa. GAMING.

Nagisa:.... Aw, that sucks.. I'LL ASK HARU-CHAN! IS HE THERE?!

Makoto: ..... He left a few minutes ago. I'll go get him.

Nagisa: YOU ARE SUCH A SAINT, ORCA-SAN!

Makoto then left Nagisa on hold to go fetch Haru. Under his breath, he mumbled, "Orca-san?" and chuckled at the thought. 

"Haru? Haru~~ Are you there?" Makoto's voice bounced off the walls of the hallway. There was no sign of the dolphin...

"He's at it again..." Makoto sighed. He walked down the hallway, looking at every single door that stood in his way. There was one door that was left open-- the bathroom door.

_______________________________________________

Nagisa, on the other hand, was wandering around in his room, waiting for Makoto to pick up again. He grew extremely impatient over time, so he decided to call up Rei and Rin.

"If Mako-chan won't pick up, then maybe Rei-chan and Rin-chan will!"

Nagisa's next victim was obviously...

Rei: Nagisa, for the last time--

Nagisa: Rei-chan! What are you doing?!?!?!?!

Rei: Creating hypotheses, looking up theories, reading about the world's famous scientists, watching swimming videos, keeping a balanced diet. What in God's name do you want at this time of day?

Nagisa: .... You suck at hobbies.

Rei:!!! Nagisa, I believe you mistake me for Rin-san! Get a load of his unhealthy hobby!

Nagisa: But all he does is exercise and eat meat, right? Exercise is good for you, riiiiiight?

Rei:.... True, but...

Nagisa: THEN WHAT ABOUT THE MEAT, REI-CHAN?!?!?! ISN'T TOO MUCH SUPER BAD FOR YOU????

Rei: I do agree with you for once, Nagisa. It is positively true that Rin-san has to keep a balanced diet as well as all athletes. The more balanced you are, the better.