Chapter 9: Meet the Mendes'

Shawn’s P.O.V

“Shit!” I sprinted out of my car and into the baggage claim where I was supposed to meet Ali. I looked around frantically trying to find her but she was no where in sight. The baggage claim didn't have a lot of people in it, so she shouldn't be that hard to find. To save some time, I pulled out my phone and gave her a call.

"Ali! Where are you? Sorry I'm late!" I said breathlessly. I looked around while I stood in place.

"Shawn...my flight is tomorrow," she said slowly. My body froze. I'm the 

"WHAT?! I was so sure it was today! Why do I always-" I felt a tap in my shoulder and I turned around frantically. It was her. My heart stopped, my jaw fell, and I'm pretty sure blood came rushing through my neck and my face as I watched her laugh at me.

"You should have seen your face!" She couldn't stop laughing. I hadn't moved an inch and continued to watch her as she laughed at my reaction. She almost sounded like she was choking, but it was still cute. I missed her so much, so why am I just standing here? As she calmed down, I grabbed her arm and pulled her into an embrace. I almost forgot how much I missed her.

We walked back to the car, and during the ride she knocked out. She probably hadn't slept on the flight. She kept her hand in mine as she slept. I should probably tell her that we aren't going to the hotel, but I'll just keep it a surprise as payback for telling me that the flight was tomorrow. I know she'll freak out.

When we got to my house, I checked my phone, and saw multiple missed calls and texts from Julie. Julie has been trying to get in contact with me ever since I got back from the Magcon tour. The last thing I wanted was for Ali to worry, so I kept this to myself. Ali and I still hadn't talked about the tour, so the last thing I needed was another thing to stress about.

I delete my call history and all the text messages and put my phone back in my pocket. Ali was still asleep, so I leaned over and kissed her head.

"Ali. We're here." I whispered in her ear. I immediately got out the car to get the stuff out of the back. For someone who's staying for a two weeks, she sure brought a lot of stuff. Out of nowhere, I heard a loud gasp coming from the front of the car. I chuckled, knowing who did it, and knowing why she did it.

“This isn’t the hotel…” I heard her say as I walked back to her side still laughing.

“When I told my mom you were staying at a hotel, she wouldn’t have it. We all thought it would be better if you stayed with us. We have a guest room here, and my mom loves having guests over.” I began walking towards the front steps, but Ali quickly grabbed my arm before I could get any further. I turned around to face her, listening to what she had to say.

“Shawn, is this really okay? What about my hotel room? How were you able to talk to my parents? Do my parents know?” She definitely knew how to worry. I placed my hand on her mouth stopping anymore words from escaping.

“Of course this is okay. Yes, your parents know, and I got your dad’s number when I was in Seattle. My mom spoke to your dad. Your dad cancelled your room..” I released my hand from her mouth, and grabbed her hand instead. I pulled her closer to the front door. She walked as if she was stiff, and I could feel the hesitation in her body as she moved forward. I knocked on the door and turned around to look at her.

“Are you ready to meet my parents?” I asked excitedly. My mom already loved her with only my words. Imagine how much he'll love her after meeting in person! I could see the nervousness in her eyes, but I'm sure they'll love her.

Alicia's P.O.V

Shawn's mom gave me a hug and I felt better about meeting his family.