Chapter 8: Arrival

Alicia's P.O.V

I stuck through finals and I finally decided what to do. I was going to take a gap year to focus on music. I know it takes longer than a year to become noticed in the music industry, but if things don't work out for me, I'm going back to school. I’ll still be working on music, but it’s always good to have a back up plan. My parents, of course, were always supportive of what I decided to do. Shawn was going on tour with Austin Mahone and I wanted to catch up to him. I wanted us to be great together. He may have forgotten about us becoming a duo, but I haven’t.

On the last day of school, Daniel and I had presented our project and we got an A. We were finally able to finish our project after all that messing around. Daniel decided to stay in state and go to the University of Washington. He wanted to become a doctor, and UW had one of the best medical schools. We actually hung out a couple times during the project, and we had gotten closer since becoming partners.

“Daniel! Remember to keep in contact after you become a world famous doctor!” I reminded him. I opened my arms and gave him a friendly hug.

“and when you and Shawn become “Ali and Shawn”, just don’t forget about that one partner you had for that one project in high school," He teased. We went our separate ways and I met up with Liz in the parking lot.

Liz and Jack were originally planning on going to Michigan, but their plans had changed. They both got accepted to USC. For some reason, it always felt like Jack was here. He visited so often that it felt like he lived here. His school had gotten released earlier than ours, so he had a lot more free time than we did. Liz’s mom adored Jack and never minded him company.  Liz’s flying over to Nebraska to meet Jack’s family. They want to meet her before they allow their son to move in with a girl they had never met before. Yes, they are moving in together. Liz kept complaining about how she wanted to experience dorm life, but let’s just say, Jack is the master of persuasion. His parents wanted to meet the mysterious girl that had Jack flying back and forth. Liz was in the same boat I was in, but the only difference was that Liz had this gene that made parents love her. Parents always fell in love with Liz. I’m pretty sure her ex boyfriend’s parents are dying to have her date their sons again. My parents for sure always loved having Liz over.

“I’m so nervous!” I complained. Liz was driving me home from our last day at school.

“Me too!” She yelled back, “What if they don’t like me? I really want them to like me.”

“I just hope that Shawn’s mom doesn’t hate me. Once their moms hates you, your relationship isn’t going to go anywhere, but hell,” I sighed. We finally arrived at my house, and it hadn’t hit me that this was the last time I’d see Liz till she comes back from Omaha. I hugged her tightly, and she broke into tears.

“I’m gonna miss you so much!” She cried.

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” I said against her shoulder. We always talked about what would happen when our boy friends went to different schools, but we had always avoided the topic of what would happen to our friendship.

“Shawn’s parents are gonna love you. I know I do,” She sniffled.

“and Gilinsky’s parents are gonna love you more than they love Jack,” We laughed together and let go. We wiped our tears away, and broke into more laughter. I hugged her one more time, and got out of the car. After I had gotten out, her and her car just sat there.

“Go! I’ll be fine. We’ll be fine! Let’s go woo our boyfriend’s parents!” I said optimistically.

“I’ll see you later, bae!” She waved good bye and drove away. Liz and I would definitely see each other again. Our friendship isn’t the type that’ll end overnight.