Chapter 19 - Nightmares

I stand on the white balcony. The sky is clear and blue. The ocean's waves roll over each other in a constant rhythm. The sun beats down on the pale yellow sand. The glass doors surrounding the room are fully open, letting ad much light as possible in. The cool breeze blows my dark locks in the wind as they flow behind my back. A white dress sits over my healthy frame and two white bow bracelets sit on my wrist. A silver heart necklace lays around my neck. I feel a pair of arms hug around my waist. I sigh and turn around to be face to face with the love of my life, Jungkook. He holds my hands and stares into my eyes. We watch each other as the wind blows through our hair.

"You're perfect," he tells me. "You're beautiful." I feel heat rise onto my cheeks. "I love you." I squeeze his hands.

"I love you too," I tell him. His thin white shirt flows in the wind as he places one knee onto the floor. I close my eyed and smile.

"Kim Ai-yeon," his peaceful voice says. "Will you allow me the honour of not cheating on me?" I open my eyes. Something isn't right. It isn't Jungkook any more, it's Tae. The box that should contain a ring, in fact contains a humans beating heart. I scream hitting it out of his hand. I look at my hands, they're covered in blood.
"Is that all I am to you? Just something you toss away when you feel like it?" He asks, spite coating every word he says. I take a better look at him now. The white shirt which was one on Jungkook, now the one Tae is wearing, is hardly white anymore. The thing is completely covered in dark red blood. Tae's blood, from where he ripped out his heart to give it to me. The whole in his chest continues to bleed. I hear footsteps to my side. I look over to see Jungkook standing in a black suit and what seems to be a heart is laying on top of his hand. He's grimacing at Tae, who is holding his hand out towards Jungkook.

"Don't do this," Tae says. Jungkook wraps his fingers around the heart and Tae falls over in shock. The clouds have turned grey and my white dress is now completely red.

"Tae!" I cry out as he writhes in agony. The heart Jungkook is squeezing is turning black.
"Stop you're killing him," I demand.

"But Ai-yeon," Jungkook says in a eerily unfamiliar tone. "You chose this." He squeezes harder and Tae screams out in pain before laying limp and lifeless on the ground. Jungkook teleports over to me. I look at him and the blood coats my hands and arms. Jungkook lifts his arm before thrusting it into the left side my chest causing an unbelievable amount of pain to occur. He brings his hand back out. It's perfectly clean except in it he holds my heart as well.

"Ai-yeon," he sighs. "Do you even believe in humanity anymore?" He begins to squeeze my heart. I scream.

"Ahhh," I scream at the top of my lungs.

"It's alright," Jungkook says holding me. "I've got you." I open my eyes to see I'm back in a familiar place. The room that Jungkook and I are staying in. I look down at my hands to see if there's any blood on them. There isn't. I breathe heavily. I can't speak. I hear feet stampeding towards our room. The door fling open and Jimin and Sam are on the other side.

"Are you guys alright?" Jimin asks looking between us. I pull the covers up to my face. My eyes begin to release tears. I hate myself after now realising what I'm doing to Tae.

"Jungkook what happened?" Sam asks him. He looks up at her, his eyes are still completely in shock.

"I don't know," he says sounding absolutely worried. "I just woke up because she screaming. I tried to call her down then she screamed again. After the third time she finally woke up. I think she had a nightmare, but a really bad one."

I cover my ears. The sound of Jungkook's voice from the dream is possessing my mind. Real Jungkook pulls me into his chest. I look up and see him.

"I'm okay now," I sniff. "Just a nightmare." He hugs me tighter into his body. He breathes a sigh of relief.