Chapter Thirty-Seven

"I'm sure there's a perfectly logical explanation as to why Zeus decided to attack ahead of time and ruin all of Nyx's hard work on planning this whole thing, risking thousands of lives, including our own."

"Yes. He's an idiot." I deadpanned, pinching the bridge of my nose as I sat at the large meeting table where the other gods had gathered, except Zeus, who was conveniently absent for the meeting because he was busy lopping the heads off our enemies without thinking.

"Well, that's not a good enough explanation," Seth sneered at me, making me drop my arm across the table to glare at him, "He's destroying all of our plans and wiping out our army in less time than it took to gather them up in the first place. We need to get our asses out there to stop him from destroying the universe." I shook my head at that, slumping down in my seat as another headache began to build up behind my eyes and ears. Despite the muttering in the room, the voices in my head were screaming. The voices of over a dozen angry gods shrieking and arguing mostly with themselves and insulting Zeus, and me. As if this was my fault. Not that it mattered much to me. I could easily blast all these assholes, but then I'd just be another Zeus without the facial hair.

What an idiot! I knew we should've never trusted those Greeks!

He's going to destroy the universe!

This is all their fault in the first place!

We never should've let them in on this!

We should just pack the entire pantheon into Tartarus!

If it wasn't for Hades and his little shits, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place!

Joy. I needed to find a way to control this mind reading thing. During the discussion with my sons, I hadn't heard any of their thoughts. Their minds had been silent to me. But now that I was in a room full of angry gods that were plotting my imprisonment, I could hear everything little thing, right down to Hel's obscene mental image of Lucifer and I going at it like bunnies. Except in her mind, I was the one fucking Lucifer. And for some reason, we were in a field. Hel was one psychotic bitch.

"We can't just barrel out there and bulldoze our own army. They're like dogs in a fight. Once they start fighting, best to let them finish. If we try to stop them, we could get ourselves killed, our armies killed." Hel explained in irritation, folding her arms over her chest. The other gods muttered in agreement. I just peered at her past my bangs, rolling my eyes. Yeah, talk about saving your armies while fantasizing about Lucifer and I.

I glanced out the corner of my eye at Lucifer, who sat beside me with a deep frown, his hand resting on my knee beneath the table. That must be what triggered Hel's subconscious fantasy. I followed Lucifer's glare that was pinned on Seth, who was openly ranting and raving honestly about how stupid this whole thing is and how we should leave Zeus to get his ass whooped by Cronus. I clenched my teeth, pressing my hand to my face.

"Enough," I snapped, getting up and making Seth pin me with a wary glare, "Don't be stupid. Cronus is mentally unstable. When we fought at my palace, he was crazy. He tried to actually kill me. He doesn't care if he ruptures the balance. As long as he believes he is safe. He'll destroy anything who threatens him, which is why half of my people are being used as a wall around my palace. Cronus will kill Zeus and he will rupture the balance and we will be fucked. And I dunno about you, but I'd kind of like to continue existing, and keep the existences of my kids. So let's do something that isn't bathed in stupid." Seth glared at me, but said nothing. Nyx sighed heavily and stood up, letting me sit back down and press my palm to my temple that throbbed as the gods began to mentally scream about how stupid I was and how I was just another one of Zeus's sluts trying to protect him.