Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Kylie

Chapter 3

We walked into the school for the third time today, but this time Leo and I were hand in hand. Nobody would say anything about it, they all knew that we liked each other. By the time we walked down the hall to Mr. Speck's classroom, the next period had already started. Leo walked in and got both of our stuff since I had dropped it on the floor when Leo walked up to hug me. With one look, we knew that we weren't going to go to our other classes today. "We should get Jesse out and just chill today" I nodded. "Let me take care of it" I tell Leo and we head to the office.

When we get there I knock on Mr. Rucker's door. When I don't hear a reply, I do the secret knock that lets him know its me. "Come in Lizzy!" I hear him call from the other side of the door. I tell Leo to stay put and open the door.

The policeman from earlier was seated in front of the big mahogany desk. He looks up and nods at me. This time I just nod back. He shoots a smirk my way and I turn away. At least he remembers me. "Hey Lizzy! What can I do for you?" Mr. R asks me. I give him a polite smile and reply, "Can you get Leo and Jesse out of class for the rest of the day so that we can figure out what to do? I can't do this without them and I don't think I will be able to spend the rest of the day here. I already have my diploma and all we are doing is watching movies anyway." Mr Rucker looks at me sadly and nods. "Thank you! You're the best!!" I go and give him a hug and walk out of the room with a smile on my face. Leo laughs when he sees me and puts an arm around my shoulders. "You are amazing, know that?" he asks me and I smile. I love him and he loves me.

We decide to wait for Jesse by the car. When he finally comes walking over to us, a grin is on his face. He sees Leo's arm around my waist and his grin grows bigger. I blush as Jesse winks at me. "You know its about time y'all got together!" he said and high-fived Leo. "So why did Mr. R let me leave school early?" Jesse asked us with a confused look on his face. Leo's grip tightened around me and I gave him a small smile. Jesse looked from me to Leo questioningly. With a sigh, I told the story of my parents' death for the second time that day.