Chapter 36

Hey readers,

This is a very short chapter but I know I have not been updating as much as I would have liked to, so bear with me.

DEDICATED: this chapter is dedicated to ILoveAshtonTaylor who sent me a fan cover ages but since I only just updated it’s the side picture. Sorry for the wait; better late than never though, right?

Anyway let me know what you thought.

Lots of love

xxx

Zoe’s Pov

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, taking note of the large bite mark that now graced my neck. I knew that only a werewolf would be able to see it, what with it not being deep enough for a human to take note of unless they stared at it up close. I was relieved; the last thing I wanted was the curious looks and questions from the humans about.

Shaking my head I found I couldn’t tear my eyes away from it, the perfect indentation of Hunters teeth on the side of my neck where it met my shoulder. I didn’t hate it; in fact whenever Hunter touched it I felt a bolt of pleasure run all the way through me.

With that on my mind I grabbed a pair of shorts and a loose top before slipping them over my pale red undergarments, thankful that for once me and Hunter were able to spend some quality time with each other.

It had been exactly two weeks when the news of how my parents had treated me had been made known to the rest of the pack. It had been two weeks since Hunter had marked me as his mate, so it had been exactly 14 days since I was made the alpha female of the large pack.

I sighed as I thought about it, glancing at my reflection in the mirror before walking into the bedroom which I shared with my mate. I couldn’t help but shake my head as I saw him lying face first on the bed, his arm stretched across the mattress as if reaching for me which I thought was absolutely adorable. Not to mention he was butt naked; a definite plus.

Walking over towards him I didn’t feel guilty in the slightest as I effectively shoved him off it, hearing his shout of surprize as he hit the floor with enough force that I cringed when I heard the floor board creak with the impact of his weight. I would have felt some sort of remorse if he hadn’t of been a werewolf, hell he was an alpha which meant he was practically invincible when it came to my rough treatment of him. I knew he loved it though!

“What the hell, Zoe?” Hunter growled as he pulled himself up from the floor, letting his eyes roam over me before he frowned. “Where are you going?”

At this I sighed, clenching my jaw before grabbing a book and lobbing it in his direction. I didn’t know whether to be relieved that he managed to dodge it, or pissed off that he had. He had quickly managed to get used to how I tended to throw things at him, I mean it wasn’t like he even felt the impact even if they did manage to hit him before he could avoid the quickly moving object as it cut through the air on the way to its intended target.

“You’re taking me out remember” I rolled my eyes, seeing his eyes widen before a light bulb seemed to go off in his head.

“Is that today?” he asked, wincing when I shot him a glare through narrowed eyes. “I take that as a yes.”

“You promised, Hunter” I reminded him, because he had. When we had returned from the woods and actually found some clothes when my parents’ true colours were made known, even if they tried to rapidly defend themselves. It had been almost pathetic to watch them try and explain themselves, Hunters anger getting the better of him and I was actually delighted with the sight of him beating the shit out of my father.