Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Hailey P.O.V

As I sat down on the sofa, all thoughts of taking Nott to the park had vanished, the only thing on my mind now was calling Aaron.

True enough, he texted me, which was good since now, I'd be able to call him straight.

I saved his number before calling him.

"hey, took you long enough to call me," he said as soon as he picked up his phone.

I rolled my eyes at his cocky tone. "hey,"

He took in a deep breath before speaking again. "alright, so... what do you want?"

I paused for a moment, sucking in a nervous breath before answering his question "Aaron, I want answers. I have no idea what's going on right now, it's like there's something that I need to know but everyone's hiding it away from me, and I know you know something too..." I blabbered, saying everything in a breath.

"whoa, calm down Leila, I'll tell you everything soon, okay? I promise"

What? Soon? "no. I want answers. Now.

He sighed. "I can't believe you're still as stubborn as ever,"

"excuse me?" I snapped. I was getting irritated with him comparing me to this Leila girl, which was, well supposedly me but I'm not going to believe anything until I get any proof.

For now, im not going to believe either parties until I get concrete proof.

"you know what, if you want to know about everything so badly, meet me, it's better to tell you face to face. How's that?"

I thought about it. Meeting him didn't sound so bad.

"ok, we'll meet at the... park? The one near the mall?"

"Ok.. see ya"

"Aaron?"

"yes?"

"meet you at the park in 5 mins time okay?"

"what the heck? no way, I'll text you once I'm on the way" he muttered.

I sighed. "ok, fine..."

"ok, see you. Bye now"

"bye,"

I sighed as I hung up the phone. Why can't everyone just make it simpler to me by just telling me the truth. I don't even know who I am already.

I decided to go to the park earlier since I did promise Nott anyway. I got up and headed to the kitchen to see him playing around with his ball.

"come on fuzzball, let's head to the park,"

He barked happily and scampered over to me.

Before I left, I wrote a short note to mom & dad to tell them where I'd gone.

Since I was early, I decided to go grab some ice-cream first. I held Nott with one arm and briskly walked over to the ice-cream shop.

As I entered, the smell of ice-creams, waffles and hot chocolate hit me hard. My stomach started growling. Gosh, this place is amazing, I should come here more often I thought as I queued up to order.

Luckily, the queue wasn't very long and a few minutes later, it was my turn to choose what I wanted.

The lady behind the cashier smiled at me, "anything you'd like to have?"

"um, yes, can I have a single scoop chocolate chip ice-cream please, and... 1 coke float"

"wait, make that two,"